cottage cheese and greek yogurt ???

Options
ieva015
ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
what do you put in it so it tastes good? that doesn't add much sugar?
any other clean snacks that are low in sugar? :)
thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually add a small amount of organic blue agave nectar, to me, it makes a total difference
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I like garlic powder salt and pepper or lemon pepper for cottage cheese.... I either put oats or blueberries or strawberries on my plain greek yogurt
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I added vanilla and cinnamon to mine this morning. it was pretty tasty. I've also seen people add protein powder
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    One thing I've put in which actually worked nicely was just a small handful of almonds into my cottage cheese. It's just sweet enough and different enough to really make it nice.
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky because I like cottage cheese plain. In Greek yogurt, I add some stevia and frozen blueberries. If I don't want the fruit I add either a touch of vanilla extract or almond extract.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder in with greek yogurt. Total it is 7g sugar and 39g protein.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I add Stevia to cottage cheese and/or the plain Greek Yogurt. Also I will add some fruit or vanilla extract. Good and good for you.:flowerforyou:
  • ieva015
    Options
    I added vanilla and cinnamon to mine this morning. it was pretty tasty. I've also seen people add protein powder

to cottage cheese or greek yogurt? thats a good idea actually :)
  • ieva015
    Options
    I usually add a small amount of organic blue agave nectar, to me, it makes a total difference

i think im going to buy some now!!! what does it taste like? :)
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese I eat plain, but I add lots of stuff to greek yogurt.

Pineapple+stevia+coconut extract=Tropical paradise!
    Strawberries+stevia+kashi go lean cereal= classic parfait
    Cantaloupe+ginger+stevia(not always necessary if the cantaloupe is really sweet)

I also like to combine equal parts greek yogurt and salsa. The resulting mixture is super creamy and makes a good dip, salad dressing, or sauce to add to a wrap/eggs/spanish rice
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been adding 1/2 a tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of dry oats to my greek yogurt. Its delicious.

cottage cheese recipes

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/tag/cottage-cheese/