Opening diary

Options
I am considering opening my diary to keep me accountable for my goal.. do you guys think it's a good idea??? Has anyone decided to open their diary for this reason??? Any input is greatly appreciated

Replies

• Hayley7611
    Hayley7611 Posts: 20
    Options
    I opened my diary so that I can hopefully motivate others, and the days that I cheat. . I can be held accountable by my close workout buddies! I like being able to view others because it gives me an idea of how others are maintaining their diets.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have my diary open. It's nice to have it open, if say, you want people to help you figure out how to cut out sugar or ask for suggestions about improving your menus....

The only thing is that you have to expect that there are some, er, not-so-tactful people who may say things that you'd prefer they not say. Just be willing to take the annoying comments with a grain of salt and really zone into the constructive comments.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have mine open just because I like looking at other open diaries not for accountability. To me, it's the same open or closed. I have to keep myself accountable either way and since people in my life offline know that I'm doing this they keep me accountable too, haven't missed a logging day in 45 (since I started) and I log even if I go over.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have mine open but only to my FL, I had it open to public view but got frustrated having to explain myself to those that were not invited on my journey. I know this sounds rude but, hey my journey my option. Good luck to ya.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes my diary is open. Not just to keep me accountable but to give back to others. I have learned so much from others who have open diary's that I would not have it any other way. So I say yes open your diary it is a good idea. :flowerforyou:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My journal is completely open. It's rare that I have anyone comment on it, but then again, I'm not asking for help.