Too late to exercise???

Options
lorforde
lorforde Posts: 68 Member
What time is too late too exercise or does this even come into the equation?

I sometimes have issue with fitting in my exercise as I am a busy Mom and so exercise in the form of the 30 day shred, which I started last night. My partner reckons that it is too late to exercise and that I should do it earlier in the day. He says that there is a reason that gyms close early evening.

Is there such a thing as a cut-off for exercising in your opinion? I reckon a burn is a burn when ever and the only time to not exercise is right after eating.

What do you think?

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The reason the gym closes is because it's no longer profitable for them to stay open :P.

The best time of day to exercise is when you can do it consistently - don't worry about these irrelevant details.

Also, there's no reason to not exercise after eating. On the contrary, focusing your calories around your workout would probably help more than hurt (in most cases). Which is not to say you should exercise immediately after eating - it will depend on things such as individual tolerance and the digestibility rate of the meal that was ingested.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The only time it would come into the equation is if you have difficulties sleeping. It is best to avoid too late at night then as it may keep you awake.

If you don't have issues then anytime is fine better to get it in then to not.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    any time you can fit it in...
  • antiwings
    antiwings Posts: 34
    Options
    I think as long as its nothing that can disturb neighbours and other people in your house, then it doesn't matter if you exercise late at night.
    Maybe try some yoga instead of the 30day shred for today?
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think that comes from people thinking that exercise would always wake you up and keep you from sleeping. I used to hear ALL the time at my old job "I'm trying not to eat after 8pm"... but we worked from 10pm until 6:00 am, so when in the world do you expect to eat? Just because the sun is down, doesn't mean thats how YOUR body works.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You can exercise any time of the day! I say any time is way better than not at all. I don't have a specific time of day because I lead a very busy lifestyle so I do it at all different times.
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree anytime that works for you is best I go to the gym at 8PM at night that way I get home about 9:15 I take a shower relax and watch TV and I go to sleep
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When you can fit it in...btw there are 24 hour gyms.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Not every gym closes early, find a 24 hour gym. :)

The latest I've exercised is 10:30pm for a half hour.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it is never too late to exercise. Unless your doing it too often and not getting enough rest due to it. I would exercise at 1am if I felt I needed to get a workout in. :) But if I was busy with classes and knew I would not be able to catch up on sleep then I'd skip it and fit it in wherever else I could.
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    Its said that its BEST to work out first thing in the morning before breakfast and then eat so your body is burning calories its taking from your body not the food. but I use to work out from 11-2am at a 24 hour gym and I lost weight just fine, Now I work out after work around 5-6pm
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone else. Do it when you can fit it in! Sometimes I get up before work to workout and other days I can't workout until before I go to bed. The most important thing is that you stay consistent and continue to press ahead everyday
  • Momys
    Momys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For the longest timeI didn't exercise because I felt that I had to do it in the morning for best results. Now I do it whenever I have time. I still prefer doing it in the morning, but sometimes it just isn't possible with kids underfoot!
  • lorforde
    lorforde Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much x
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What time is too late too exercise or does this even come into the equation?

My gym is 24/7 so no it doesn't.