Only down 10 lbs so far but...

Options
I can totally see a difference in my feet and my hands/wrists??? Is this normal or has anyone else noticed a change there first? hmmm

Replies

• Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially if you were carrying a lot of water before. I haven't lost all my weight yet, and I had to get my wedding rings resized, went from an 8.5 to a 6.5!!
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm down 10 pounds but I cant see a difference at all :P
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    OMG I totally have to go buy some new shoes...lol. I won't say I noticed in my feet or hands first but I know my shoes no longer fit. And my fingers are not nearly as fat..I've always had skinny fingers until a few years ago. Had to quit wearing my wedding rings. I can not wait till I can wear my rings again.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yea! That is weird. Same thing happened to me too. My fingers started looking all long and spindly. :D
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    Hahahaha OK good, glad I'm not the only one :) thanks all!!!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person and where they carry their weight. I didn't see much change in 10 lbs. I don't even see the change with 50.. at least not every day. It's there though when I look at pictures and I know my size has changed, but it's a mental thing sometimes.

Just keep tracking downwards, keep measuring and most of all, live and love the experience. That's how you keep it off. You just start embracing the lifestyle of living healthy. It's not rocket science, it really is diet and exercise that will get you there.
    Good luck!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12, but I haven't noticed it in my hands. I've lost 1 1/2 inches on my waist, but my fingers are still chubby!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Cool! Ten pounds is ten pounds. You can't loose 20 or whatever your goal is unless you lose 10 first. :wink:

Congratulations!

I don't notice any difference in my hands, feet or wrists, but they didn't really show that much weight. On the other hand, even the small percentage of my overall goal, I can see a difference in my ankles, and someone else said she could see it in my face.

Another way in which all our bodies react differently. :smile:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    great job on -10! :flowerforyou:
  • Notorious_T
    Options
    thanks ladies!!! I wish MFP had a like button lol cause I def appreciate all the comments and support
  • Notorious_T
    Options
    Also I could use all supportive friends I can get so feel free to add me :)
  • Carissamr
    Carissamr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my roommate has told me that she sees my weight loss in my legs and arms the most so far and I have lost 40 lbs...I'm assuming it is because our arms and legs get the most exercise
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i definitly notice 10lbs but for me i lose it in my face and neck first...congrats on the weightloss!!!!!!!!!!
  • Notorious_T
    Options
    thanks!!
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    Same thing happened to my fiance'! We were both wearing promise rings before and he had to get his resized.