You can find motivation in the weirdest ways

Options
So I got up to do my yoga today and I really didn't want to. My boyfriend and I are going for an hour walk later (both have the day off!) so I was like whatever with the yoga. I didn't do it. I go to take a shower and shave my legs and as I'm shaving, my calf happened to be flexed and I felt it. Holy crap it was like a rock! I've seen a difference in my arms, especially triceps which I love :happy: but you don't normally feel your calves on a regular basis. It made me so happy that my calves were nice. I've always had nice legs (athlete back in the day) and my dad gave me nice calves, but then I got fat and I couldn't see muscle anymore cuz there was so much fat :grumble: But now the muscle is showing :bigsmile: This gave me motivation and I got out of the shower and did yoga. I'm glad I did too because I feel so much better :smile:

:heart: Kelsey

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So I got up to do my yoga today and I really didn't want to. My boyfriend and I are going for an hour walk later (both have the day off!) so I was like whatever with the yoga. I didn't do it. I go to take a shower and shave my legs and as I'm shaving, my calf happened to be flexed and I felt it. Holy crap it was like a rock! I've seen a difference in my arms, especially triceps which I love :happy: but you don't normally feel your calves on a regular basis. It made me so happy that my calves were nice. I've always had nice legs (athlete back in the day) and my dad gave me nice calves, but then I got fat and I couldn't see muscle anymore cuz there was so much fat :grumble: But now the muscle is showing :bigsmile: This gave me motivation and I got out of the shower and did yoga. I'm glad I did too because I feel so much better :smile:

:heart: Kelsey
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I went to take my measurements last night and discovered the muscles under the fat on my thighs and calves that my bike riding is building up--I was so psyched! I told my hubby I can't wait to lose my leg fat so I can SEE and not just feel the muscles! Although my calves are starting to look pretty good considering. I can feel my abs being worked, too, and told my husband that I might be building up a six-pack under "my keg." :tongue:

Little surprises like that make it all feel so worthwhile, doesn't it!!

Congrats!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love the unexpected muscles yoga gives you. it toned my arms and shoulders so well, I just loved it!
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had that very thing happen to me in the shower after doing my water aerobics. I was going, dam... these things are hard and have definition.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You can say that again-there are some muscles I didn't even know I had until I started doing yoga last weekend! And I'm still using the light intensity workout yoga! I think I'm going to brave the "yoga for weight loss" that I downloaded this evening though and see how I do.
  • lwyz_smln
    lwyz_smln Posts: 46
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Seeing is believing sometimes and can be the best motivator! :flowerforyou: