Friends near or in the 40s age group

Options
I am looking for some motivational and supportive friends. I not only need the support but I also give support and motivation and am a great listener (reader) for venting. Whatever it takes for us to reach our goals I am game!

I am a 5'8" 43 year old female and I want to lose an additional 67 pounds. So far I have lost 22 and am very excited about it! Woohoo, go me!

I slip every now and again and need that virtual kick in the pants to stay on track. So if you are interested just "friend" me and we can continue on this journey together.

Replies

• trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9" and 46 years old. Feel free to add me. :smile:

I'm also a mom of 3 but they're all grown up!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 47. :) You can add me! :) I have 2 teens...
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to add me. I'm 47 and have one son (11 yrs old)
  • beinggood
    beinggood Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44, just starting with this, and am so excited. This is an excellent way to lose weight...I hope. I have a ways to go yet, but I feel there is hope. My daughter is 20 and son 18...and I need all the help and support from everyone!! Let's do this together! :)
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm also 43...single mom to 2 great kids and busy all the time. I'm just reaching my initial goal wait and trying to start maintenance. This is where I always stumble, so will definitely be around for a long time. Would love to help you along your journey.

Sherry
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. Feel free to add me!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 47 years old, 5' 5" and I started my weight loss journey on February 29 at 241. I have lost 31 pounds as of this mornng. I would like to lose 60 more pounds.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and would love to support you in your goals! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, 4'11" with roughly 85 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi - I"m 5'5" and need to lose 35 lbs. Type 2 diabetic so carb counting is the way I'm gonna have to go......... Just starting out so would love some encouragement and love to give some.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    45 yo mom trying to lose 50 lbs...add me
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost a little over 30 lbs and hoping for another 60 lbs. Been doing this a few months, log in every day and provide as much support as I can.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 in August looking for lost 45 pounds, you can add me!!!!
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    I sent ya a friend request.

I'm also looking for friends in their 40's.

I'm 41. Married and have 2 boys (19 and almost 16) Goal to lose 60 pounds!

Everyday is a struggle, but I don't give up. I just pick myself back up and keep going

amy
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42. I'm always looking for new friends who are on the same trip to get healthy and fit. I've been doing mfp, with hubby and my youngest son, for 453 days. Combined we've lost 380 pounds. I still have more to lose, and so does my hubby. It's nice, though, to meet and chat with other women, since I'm the only female in my house, lol. Please feel free to add me.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Any of you who would like to can add me. I'll be 38 in Sept, and have a daughter who'll be 18 this year. (Yikes!) I'm 5'4", and aiming to lose about 90#. I'm quite active on MFP, too. :-)
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lori 39yrs my grand total weight loss will 104 lbs when finished so far on MFP 28lbs, since the beginning of march 38 lbs. Anyone interested in being supported add me but would love support and encouragement back as well! Hope to hear from ya soon!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi there...i am 42 years old

I am 5 ft and have another at least 26 lbs to go....i have lost 4 so far...i am always looking for friends to give and receive motivational support....I am not the perfect eater or exerciser, but i am trying to get better.......I won't be online this weekend since we are going on a trip...but will check in periodically on my phone. Otherwise, i try to catch everyones updates....

Feel free to add me :)
    San :)
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 44 and mother of two grown children and Grandma to a beautiful little boy! Would love to have you as a friend...feel free to add me!
  • sassified66
    sassified66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 down 51 pds and have 30 to go. mother of 2 wonderful daughters, grown and on their own.. just me and hubby at home.I started this journey jan.1st 2012, and have been very happy with the healthier me I have become.This program and the support is wonderful! I will be 46 in june, its taken me 20 years to figure out all you have to do is count calories and move, move, move! Glad to support anyone that needs it, and can use all the support myself... good luck!

SOME DAYS... some days I think I cant, when I know that I can..some days I want the bad foods but know that I shouldn't..some days exercise beats me before I can beat it..some days I must crawl before I can walk..BUT everyday I know I can come here and gain my insperation and be reminded that my body is the only home I have and I must be a powerful keeper of it.. Christina