I just to want eat... until I can't move.

manvsfood
manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
I don't know whats going on with me right but I just want to go crazy and eat as much as possible.

I don't even know if I'm hungry or just bored. I just ate three hours ago (800cals of spaghetti), and now I have the biggest urge to just eat. Not a simple snack... a carrot or some water but something hefty like a jumbo burrito or a whole pizza.

I know it sounds funny, but I'm just being honest. I'm like seconds away from raiding the kitchen but I'm trying to hold on to the little bit of willpower I have left.

What do you guys to to get over binge urges?

Replies

• Maybe if you took that picture of de-leesh looking cina-buns off your profile it would help!! :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Have a couple of glasses of water and then a big, steaming bowl of vegetables! Problem solved. :drinker:
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    First I would get rid of that picture on your profile of cinnamon rolls. This picture alone made me salivate. Second, remove all temptations from your home. Third, do some sit ups or squats. That will definitely take your mind off food. Binge eating now is not worth the reqrets later. Good Luck!
  • Chew gum...that's what I'm doing right now to keep from raiding the kitchen.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Do something to keep your mind occupied. Read a book, work on homework, etc. Oftentimes binges result from just eating out of boredom.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Brush your teeth and go to bed its 11. that's what I am going to do. GOODNIGHT
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member

What do you guys to to get over binge urges?

**** off to some sloshing flicks.
  • babbgirl1975
    babbgirl1975 Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with everyone else! Get rid of that profile pic first! I don't know if you like to read or not. But I like curling up under my covers w/a good book until I'm ready to fall asleep. Occupy your mind with something else! For me sitting in front of the TV late a night isn't going to do it. That's when I want to eat the most too!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    The title of this topic made me laugh! LOL I can relate. I had a little bit of fried food tonight at a restaurant, and I mean like a little bitty portion and it was like I just had some crack. I haven't really cheated by eating junk in a veryyyy longgg time...and sometimes I feel like I am going to snap and eat the planet. All I can say is just think of how MAD you will be at yourself if you give in and do it. It's so hard to resist cravings. I usually plan way ahead for a total cheat day, cuz I know the unplanned ones get too out-of-control. Good luck!!!! I love the fact that you have cinnamon rolls on your profile picture. HILARIOUS!!!!:tongue:
  • manvsfood
    Maybe if you took that picture of de-leesh looking cina-buns off your profile it would help!! :)
    First I would get rid of that picture on your profile of cinnamon rolls. This picture alone made me salivate. Second, remove all temptations from your home. Third, do some sit ups or squats. That will definitely take your mind off food. Binge eating now is not worth the reqrets later. Good Luck!

The hardest decision I'll ever make.
    :laugh:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    I know exactly what you mean . Sometimes I just want to sit there and stuff my face and eat cheesedoodles out of the bag and not count how many I'm eating. But it's all about will power. Think about the goal you set for yourself and how badly you want to get there. I think about how hard I work everyday at trying to better myself that is it really worth it to eat so much and undo some of the progress you made?? If you are truly hungry maybe you aren't eating enough. Try some low cal snacks.. They do the trick... Cottage cheese, string cheese, or fruit. Or try doing something to get your mind off of food... Go take a shower, play a game, go outside.. Do something you enjoy and stay away from the pantry... Sometimes it's just not a nice place to be. :)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Honestly, exercising helps me to feel less hungry and take my mind off of food. And if I know I can't control myself if I start eating a certain food then I try to avoid it altogether. If you are an emotional eater, counseling may help you get to the root of the issue and work the emotions out. For me, I'm a boredom eater/grazer.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Brush your teeth and go to bed its 11. that's what I am going to do. GOODNIGHT

this
  • BlissQuest
    BlissQuest Posts: 15
    Been there, done that, made the video, have the T-Shirt! There are many paths up this mountain...we all have our beliefs and philosophies...I think if we don't face our stuff, we stuff our face. That said, this is a psychospiritual recovery -- the food issue is just a symptom, or a weapon . Our body is the battlefield, and we are at war with ourselves.

No amount of counting calories and pounding flesh at the gym will keep us slim if we are at war inside.

So maybe it's time to search for peace? How can we have inner peace? Who do we have to forgive, let go, move on and away from in order to have peace? For me, light thoughts, light body; heavy thoughts, heavy body.

When all else fails, PUSH! (Pray Until Something Happens!)

With warm blessings,
    Lisa W.
  • manvsfood
    The title of this topic made me laugh! LOL I can relate. I had a little bit of fried food tonight at a restaurant, and I mean like a little bitty portion and it was like I just had some crack. I haven't really cheated by eating junk in a veryyyy longgg time...and sometimes I feel like I am going to snap and eat the planet. All I can say is just think of how MAD you will be at yourself if you give in and do it. It's so hard to resist cravings. I usually plan way ahead for a total cheat day, cuz I know the unplanned ones get too out-of-control. Good luck!!!! I love the fact that you have cinnamon rolls on your profile picture. HILARIOUS!!!!:tongue:

^^LOL ... whenever I have some I haven't had something in a looong time then I finally eat it, I go crazy. That why I try my hardest to stay far away from junk food.

As for the cinnamon rolls picture... :smooched:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Not knowing anything about you or your situation I'll say that for me the kind of binge eating you're describing is all about trying to fill an emotional void with food. I have to figure out the emotions behind the binge before I can move forward. I've no idea if that's the same for you, but it might be worth a try.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    I go on MFP!!!:happy:
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    this reminds me i gotta go print the "BEFORE" picture of me and put it on my fridge tomorrow
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    I looked at your diary, and you were way under cals for the day, especially with a 460 cal workout. That may be why you were craving something with a lot of protein and fat.
  • parliskim
    parliskim Posts: 14
    I feel that way sometimes. Heck, I felt that way today. I ate 3, count them 1 - 2- 3, Luna Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. LOL! It's only day three for me on here, so I'm giving myself a break. And I didn't go over my calories for the day, miracle. But what I do when I really feel a binge coming on is look at a before picture (which is actually a today picture). That really helps, because I forget what I look like when that feeling comes. It's a strong dose of reality for me when I see myself - black and white. I don't want to do that to myself anymore. It's like someone said, I am better than a bag of Doritos! ; )