Protein powder?

Options
I need good protein powder suggestions for smoothies. I don't get enough protein in my diet at all and am looking for ways to up calories, kickstart my metabolism, and get more of the things i need. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Cgavigan
    Cgavigan Posts: 16
    Options
    I've been using the GNC Total lean protein powder mainly for breakfast. It is pricey, but if you have their gold card, you get a discount on the first week of the month. However, my husband used the target brand which is only about $18 for a big jar of it. I hope this helps! I like the total lean because there are a variety of flavors!

Cheryl
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I found one at Sam's Club "Simply Right"

Calories 120
    Fat 1.5
    Sodium 100mg
    Potassium 170mg
    Total Carbs 3g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 23g
  • MiniLopHop
    MiniLopHop Posts: 22
    Options
    I use vivitrol 100% egg white protein. I have dairy allergies and can not use anything with whey or casin. Supplement Warehouse is a great place to order things on line because if you find it anywhere cheaper you can get that price plus a discount.
  • Ellen507
    Ellen507 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to get the Whole Foods brand vanilla flavor and I really liked it. I even used to bake with it. It was a whey-based protein powder. I no longer live anywhere near a Whole Foods, and I recently bought one from the supermarket that I don't like. I realized afterwards that I got a soy-based one and I think it's pasty and grainy tasting. I think I might try the GNC one that someone else here recommended.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    GNC Gold standard line is pretty good and they have great flavors. my current love is cookies n cream. per serving is 120 cals, 1 g fat, 24g whey protein. buy at gnc

designer whey is also good. i usually get both vanilla and choco. per serving is 100 cals, 2g fat, 18 g protein. i buy it at trader joe's

nature's plus fruitein is also a fave of mine. it includes 50 fruits, veggies and other green foods. it's a vegetarian protein source. per serving 110 cals, 0 fat, 13 g fat. buy at gnc
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about Muscle Milk POWDER? I've tried the premixed Muscle Milk drinks and those are pretty gross. I just want a YUMMY protein powder that I'll stick with AND isn't chocked full of sodium.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just get any old protein powder that you can afford and tastes good, as long as it's not all soy protein. So, whey and milk proteins, egg if you're lactose intolerant, and hemp protein if you're vegan.
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    At the moment I'm using 100% Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate. Bought it as part of a beginners deal, but I completely forgot about WPI (the acronym they use) being whey, and I'm lactose intolerant. Not dramatically so, luckily.

Profile:
    http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/protein/whey-protein-isolate-wpi-5
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ever tried DESIGNER WHEY Aria Women's Protein Supplement?