28lb weight loss....need a hand please!!!

Options
Hi everyone! Firstly I just want to say that this site has become part of my life now and has helped me so much...I can honestly say I'm addicted!!! I have managed to lose a whopping 28lbs, yey me! I am now stuck though, I want to lose a further 7 lbs and maintain my weight for my wedding next June but I can't seem to shift that last bit of weight. Can anyone please give me any tips? I'm a keen cyclist and probably exercise on average for 5 hours per week but it's still not moving.

Thanks guys

Jodie :o) x

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This was a fantastic post try reading this one it may help get those last few pounds off. :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

I will bump it to the top of the posts if you cant access through my link.

Hope this helps. :bigsmile:
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi everyone! Firstly I just want to say that this site has become part of my life now and has helped me so much...I can honestly say I'm addicted!!!

ditto... I am on here constanly. When I eat something I immediately want to go to my computer and document it [same with when I work-out]. I have also accustomed to throwing my food questions/concerns on the message board & awaiting y'alls information! :drinker:
  • jodieleigh
    Options
    Thanks chick! :o) xx
  • melissao79
    Options
    I too am trying to loose my last 5-10 lbs. Here is what worked best for me. On the days I do weight training (3x per week) I have added 12 minutes of Cardio before or after. For example, if I am on the treadmill I will warm up for 4 minutes, do intervals 10mph for 20 seconds and then jump off for 10 seconds repeat for 4 minutes, then cool down for 4 minutes. The other two days I run, do a spinning class, or plyometrics (P90x) I work out in the mornings and until recently I hadn't been eating before I worked out. I now eat something light before I work out and something high in protein right after (especially after weights) I have also found that after I eat meals or snacks if I will set a timer for 3 hours I don't snack on things I shouldn't. If I feel like I need to eat before the 3 hours is up I always have my water bottle full or I grab a piece of gum. It not only helps me not snack on things I shouldn't but it helps me drink more water and think about what I am going to eat when the timer does go off. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You might check out Dr. Johnson's Alternate Day Diet to get unstuck. It's basically calorie cycling up and down.
  • BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try varying your routine. Do you cycle at a constant pace? if you alternate slow and fast periods of cycling, or any type of cardio exercise for that matter, it speeds up your metabolism higher than if you were to just cycle at a constant rate. What I mean is this:

1-2 minutes into workout: 5 MPH
    3 minutes into workout: 10 MPH
    4-5 minutes into workout: 5 MPH
    6 minutes into workout: 10 MPH

etc. etc.

Also, with weights, do you just do machines, free weights, or a combination? If you just do one, switch to the other. That'll switch your routine up a little bit.
  • jhutch365
    Options
    change up the exercise, you would be surprised how our (my) bodies hit a plateau and won't budge. We are creatures of habit in more ways than one!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    This is a great post also on how to get unstuck...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

Mostly, the best thing to do when you're stuck is change something, do a different kind of exercise, shift your calories for a few days to shake up your metabolism...

and as much as i hate it....pay close attention to how much salt you're eating. *sigh*