making legs slimmer...

Options
Does anyone have any tips on getting legs slimmer. I have always had chunky legs....even when i was a size 8. not so much my thighs but my calves. they have never really looked slimmed and toned. doesn't help that im only 5'3" and have short legs. Just wondered if anyone has any good exercises. obviously I need to lose weight anyway but once i have i want slim toned legs not chunky muscular ones. Thanks

Replies

• lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    squats and lunges, lunges and squats. squats and lunges, lunges and squats
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Although you can't spot reduce....mine have really shrunken since I started running!! :bigsmile:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

This!

Squats and lunges all the way... and heavy ones at that!
  • xxpinkcandyxx
    xxpinkcandyxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies.....i will give it a try :smile:
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

and running/fast walking.

I have the same problem, I'm 5' 5" but I have short legs that have never been skinny or tone, but I've seen a lot of difference since I started walking and doing lots of squats :flowerforyou:
  • RhianSteph
    RhianSteph Posts: 26
    Options
    i have big calves but its all muscle which I absolutely hate. Would it still work? x
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i have big calves but its all muscle which I absolutely hate. Would it still work? x

I highly doubt your calves are all muscle, seeing as women have a tough time putting on muscle as it is and when you are in a deficit it's nearly impossible.

To answer your question though, it prob. will still work.. you just need to try it and see.