SOS! Please help

Options
Hi!
I am in need f help. You know....i' having some great problem with a serious enough eating disorder since years, and i have some brighter days too, but usually my life is a living hell. And the hing that i wanted to ask.....what are you usually eating and how much...because i arrived to the point that i don't really know how a healthy portion is, that i won't gain weight from. Right now i am 5'3 and 130.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Portion size ? 3 or 4 ounces of protein (meat or fish) with about the same in vegetables. 75 - 100g if you're metric.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and around your weight and don't gain on anything less than 1650 calories a day. Everyones different, but I think you should lose weight gradually around 1200 calories a day. If you're looking to maintain, you can obviously up that until you find your sweet spot.
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    This may help a little. Take care <3
    bje3pj.jpg
  • emma9797
    emma9797 Posts: 36
    Options
    wow, the picture is actually grate!!!!Thanks a lot ,everyone:smile::flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here is the most important thing I learned in life about food. The closer to being from the ground, the better it is for your body

Also, Shop the outside of the grocery store.

I am never going to be pro "dont eat such and such EVER" but, pizza you can have 1 slice and broiled chicken/fresh veggies/small potato, 1 tsp butter, even a whole wheat roll for the same calories is much more satisfying.

Always get 3/4 oz protien for each meal.

It is amazing when I actually measured out 1 cup of pasta. I love pasta and thought :sad: how can I eat so little! Then I ate and was full :happy: Of course I had a good grade of meat, meatball 3 oz, a huge salad with balsamic vinagerette and was so full.

You can do this!!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had no idea how big a portion was either. Shocking at my age to have no idea how to eat. So i weigh and measure everything. I keep cup measures, spoon measures, and just got a food scale, all sitting on the kitchen counter. There i am every single morning pouring my cereal into my bowl, which is sitting on that scale so i have exactly 53 grams.
  • emma9797
    emma9797 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you guys! :smile: