Help please..... Ate 1200 cal then 1785 weightloss slow?

Options
I started on here jan 24th at 229lbs
Female aged 42 5ft 2 tall

I have always done weight watchers lost 1.5-3lbs each week but I needed a plan where it's simpler to do as calories are on most things I thought I'd try this

I've tried calorie counting in the past but rarely lost weight high low in between I'm not sure why, I eat similar to weightwatchers so it must be my intake?

I started on 1310 c as mfp said I was losing 1-2lbs a week some weeks 3lbs then in dramatically stopped and is 0 - 1.5lbs rarely
I started Zumba 6 weeks ago (this is the 17th Week on here) I now do 2 Zumba classes a week and 4 wii Zumba sessions week on wii Zumba 2 intense, I do some strenght and walking , funds are tight so can't afford a gym and the swimming pool is shut for maintance.

My last 5 weigh ins
Which is ok but not considering I'm 202lbs
I weigh in Tuesdays today I had a look I'm +1lbs I've been 100% on plan every day for 125 days except valentines day where I was over 200 calories but I was on low calories

I'm going by the advice of the group
Eat more to weigh less -20% of my TDEE
= 1785 c which I've been gradually upping for 4 weeks from 1250-1400-1649-1700

I know this is a life change but losing 0 to 1lbs is very slow

Any one have any ideas! My measurement are ok but not huge inch loss

Should I go back to say 1650 as I was losing 1-1.5lbs or lower?

I'd like to be 136lbs so I've 67lbs to go

Thanks

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I do understand your frustration! Have you looked at what you're eating and not just the number of cals? I notice your diary is closed so I can't offer any suggestions but I plateaued for months while sticking to cals and only started moving again through making healthier choices.

Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I do understand your frustration! Have you looked at what you're eating and not just the number of cals? I notice your diary is closed so I can't offer any suggestions but I plateaued for months while sticking to cals and only started moving again through making healthier choices.

Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.

Hi I have porridge for breakfast or a protein shake
    Banana as a snack
    Lunch is soup or a chicken sandwich
    Dinner is chicken Turkey with veg
    Snack is yoghurt crisp

I am eating very similar to weight watchers but my calorie intake isn't the same I can't find the right amount getting :( now

Thanks
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If that was working for you, yes. If you can deliver 1650 honestly and stick to it then you should do fine.
  • sandown12
    Options
    If that was working for you, yes. If you can deliver 1650 honestly and stick to it then you should do fine.

I always stick to it 100% weighing measuring etc I think I'll drop back to 1649 Tuesday then if no good go back to weight watchers?
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated at the moment. I joined MFP 6 weeks ago and had already lost 40lbs.

In week 1 - 4lbs,
    week 2 - 3lbs
    weeks 3 + 2lbs
    week 4 + 2lbs
    week 5 - 4lbs
    week 6 (official weigh in day tomorrow) I have gained 4lbs.

Between week 4 and 5 I had a cold so didn't really exercise or drink as much water but this week its been gorgeous weather so I have done at least 4 45 minute walks this week and really upped the water intake. All I can think of its water retention and maybe some muscle gain. I think looking at my diary I was only over on calories one day this week (only just) and the other days I have been under.

I hate the scales, as they don't reflect my efforts

Its so difficult finding a right balance of calories, water to drink and exercise to do.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I always stick to it 100% weighing measuring etc I think I'll drop back to 1649 Tuesday then if no good go back to weight watchers?
    I don't think you need to hop around between plans, if you're controlling calories well and not getting results then you either have to adjust the amount of calories or what you eat within those calories.

Unless you have your metabolic rate measured you're working from estimates that are doing well if they are within 10% of the measured value for 70% of the population, if you're at the heavier end they may be less reliable. So ultimately you have to adjust calories eaten & exercised according to your weight loss rate - no weight loss for a month suggests you're eating what you're using for example.
  • sandown12
    Options
    I'm frustrated at the moment. I joined MFP 6 weeks ago and had already lost 40lbs.

In week 1 - 4lbs,
    week 2 - 3lbs
    weeks 3 + 2lbs
    week 4 + 2lbs
    week 5 - 4lbs
    week 6 (official weigh in day tomorrow) I have gained 4lbs.

Between week 4 and 5 I had a cold so didn't really exercise or drink as much water but this week its been gorgeous weather so I have done at least 4 45 minute walks this week and really upped the water intake. All I can think of its water retention and maybe some muscle gain. I think looking at my diary I was only over on calories one day this week (only just) and the other days I have been under.

I hate the scales, as they don't reflect my efforts

Its so difficult finding a right balance of calories, water to drink and exercise to do.

It's hard isn't it especially working hard with little results?
    Maybe change your calories?
    I am lowering mine I'm sure they're too high :(
    Keep up with it maybe go back to the very start of -40lbs?
  • sandown12
    Options
    I don't think you need to hop around between plans, if you're controlling calories well and not getting results then you either have to adjust the amount of calories or what you eat within those calories.

Unless you have your metabolic rate measured you're working from estimates that are doing well if they are within 10% of the measured value for 70% of the population, if you're at the heavier end they may be less reliable. So ultimately you have to adjust calories eaten & exercised according to your weight loss rate - no weight loss for a month suggests you're eating what you're using for example.

I agree so I think I'll lower my calories to 1649 next week and see?
    Many thanks :)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Can't see much wrong with your food choices. Do you eat back the cals you get from exercise?

You mentioned WW, did that stop working for you or did you just fancy a change?
  • sandown12
    Options
    Can't see much wrong with your food choices. Do you eat back the cals you get from exercise?

You mentioned WW, did that stop working for you or did you just fancy a change?

I never ear exercise calories and liked its easier to count cals instead of points