keto friends?

Options
Hi guys, I'm looking for friends who are doing the keto diet! I'm close to about two months in and would love to get some food inspiration from fellow keto-ers and keep progress together :] Feel free to add me, but please send a message regarding this post, too! x

Replies

• jiv8
    jiv8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I've been on a keto diet for about a proper recorded week, so far so good. I haven't really made any proper meals but I did find this website that has a ton of good recipe's for anyone who's serious about calculating calories.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/main_dish_recipes.html

I hope this helps you heaps :) and good luck with your diet!
  • toshmago
    toshmago Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of keto. My initial lose has started to slow down and body is just now starting to fell normal. I love it so far. Meals are super simple for me. Lots of eggs, meat, fat, and greens.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a month now and have been doing my best to make 'good' meals (instead of just having a meal of bacon or salami... which might've happened once or twice when I was pressed for time >.>) So far I've mostly just been making a meat + veggies meal for dinner, though I have managed to make keto sushi, too.

Anyway, I've been looking for more keto friends as well, so I've added you.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been on the keto diet for just over 5 weeks. So far so good, but I'm hoping to phase out and alternate to exercising soon.

Initially I've started with a stricter diet, however lately i've added a slice of toast with peanut butter - still under <1200 cal

This is the plan I'm on
    4 cups of veggies daily
    100 g of protein (includes 8 oz serving of meat daily)
    <100 carbs
    <40 g of fat
    minimal sugar
    and of course vitamins!
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of keto. My initial lose has started to slow down and body is just now starting to fell normal. I love it so far. Meals are super simple for me. Lots of eggs, meat, fat, and greens.

Love the diet. Eating way more veggies. Even on a "bad" day I can't eat all the junk I used to before!
    Who knew there are so many tasty healthy recipes out there?
  • ilikecauliflower
    ilikecauliflower Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've been cooking Keto for my husband for a little while. He has lost over 20 lbs in a month so I am fully committing (and not just eating Keto with him.) I just started a new myfitnesspal food journal today for a fresh start.

I'm 207 and 5'2. I have gained 10 lbs every year since I quit dancing in high school. I have kept 18 pounds off since my highest weight. I have literally done everything including HCG shots. I've been astounded by the support of the keto community and how many people like me are actually losing it all....not just some of the weight. (reddit.com/r/keto)

I'm ready for some support of my own, inspiration from others, and keto food ideas.

I would love you all to ADD ME if you like!

Let's do this!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52lbs doing a Paleo Keto 'diet' much more of a lifestyle now though. (Almost 2 years! But not always perfect!) I've been plateaued for almost 3 months now though. Any of you can Add me if you like :) Include a message!!
  • wvlurker
    wvlurker Posts: 4
    Options
    I know this thread seems a bit dead, but I'm also looking for "keto friends" if for no other reason than sneaking peeks at your food diaries and getting ideas.
  • waynenoo
    waynenoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new here and saw a few of you are doing keto, I've been doing keto for 4 weeks now, but saddly havent lost anyting, nore have I gained, yay! Trying to tweek it t'il I start loosing, I'm thinking that it's either too many calories, or carbs. Been trying to keep under 20g / day. finding it a bit hard to do.

LOVING the food! but I miss fruits though. add me if you wish I wouldn't mind having a supporting group to share ideas with.
  • chrislouden
    Options
    I'm doing great on keto. Tomorrow 6/14/12 makes 1 month.
  • wvlurker
    wvlurker Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new here and saw a few of you are doing keto, I've been doing keto for 4 weeks now, but saddly havent lost anyting, nore have I gained, yay! Trying to tweek it t'il I start loosing, I'm thinking that it's either too many calories, or carbs. Been trying to keep under 20g / day. finding it a bit hard to do.

LOVING the food! but I miss fruits though. add me if you wish I wouldn't mind having a supporting group to share ideas with.

If you're anywhere near 20g a day, you should be in ketosis. It's probably calories.
  • smylee1173
    smylee1173 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello, I have been on Keto for 60 days as of yesterday. I love it and I dont want to ever turn back. I lost over 22 inches of Body Fat.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Is keto related to low carb?
    Any sites that are great to get educated and familiar with the keto process? Thanks :D
  • ChesKrieg
    ChesKrieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I could use some Keto friends too :)
  • lynette1024
    lynette1024 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting the Keto Diet today - I weighed in this morning at 271 and my goal weight is 140. Any pointers would be awesome. I will do my best to friend you all!