1/2 c. panko or fine dry bread crumbs
2 tsp. fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted)
1 TBSP peanut oil
1 shallot, chopped
8 c. fresh spinach leaves
1/4 tsp. salt (I omitted)
1 clove minced garlic (I added)

1. Place one chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap. With flat side of meat mallet, pount chicken to 1/4 - to 1/2- inch thickness. Repeat w/the remaining breast halves.

2. In shallow dish whisk together egg and buttermilk. In additional shallow dish, combine almonds, panko, rosemary and 1/4 tsp. salt. Dip chicken breasts, one at a time, in egg mixture, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off, then dip chicken pieces in almond mixture, turning to coat.

3. In 12" nonstick skillet cook chicken, half at a time if necessary, in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

4. In same skillent cook shallot and garlic in drippings 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add spincach and 1/4 tsp salt; cook and toss about 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted. Serve chicken w/wilted spinach.

Each Serving 276 cal, 11 g fat (1g sat. fat), 66 mg chol, 456 sodium, 11g carbo, 3g fiber, 33g protein.

Replies

• pbakasha
    Options
    Sweet!!! Thanks for the recipe
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious

Kim
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    dinner!!!!!!! I have all the ingred.

Do you think regular milk can replace the buttermilk? That is the only thing I dont have, and will never use the whole container.

:flowerforyou:
  • melodym
    Options
    Here are some buttermilk substitution recipes... They might could help you.

Lemon and Milk

In a 1-cup measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Top the lemon juice with with skim, low fat or whole milk. Stir and let sit for two minutes. After two minutes, your milk is both acidic and curdled. Perfect!

Yogurt and Milk

Mix 3/4 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup of milk. Stir and make it a quick substitution for buttermilk.

Milk and Cream of Tartar

Mix 1 cup of milk with 1 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar. To ensure that the mixture doesn’t get lumpy, mix the cream of tartar with 2 Tablespoons of milk. Once mixed add the rest of the cup of milk. Cream of tartar is an acid and will simulate the acidic environment of buttermilk in a pinch.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    bump! sounds great
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • miaangel345
    Options
    sounds good!
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I printed that one out. We love spinach!

Thank you for sharing