Anyone go from weightw to mfp back to weight w?

Options
Hi I have always done weight watchers aT home so no payments but I switched to mfp love it as great support but my weightloss is very slow here so I'm considering weight watchers again as I have 67kbs still to lose and 0-0.5lbs a week isn't great on here

I wanted to know has anyone done ww-mfp-ww

I know people will say mfp works for life ww doesn't I disagree as its not the plan it's the person who stops it

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It didn't come on overnight, so it won't come off overnight. I know the feeling of wanting it all off now but our bodies don't work that way.

You said in a different post that you've done WW a couple of times. Why do you stop doing it? What can you change so you can make this time a lifestyle change and not a temp fix?

Lastly I think you said you've been doing this for four months? 27lb is FANTASTIC! Why are you putting that acheivement down?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'm not totally familiar with WW, but isn't it basically the same concept? X amount of calories a day, except the nutrition info is condensed into "points"? Maybe you could try adjusting your daily calorie goal to lead to faster weight loss. However, 27 pounds in 4 months is already fairly rapid weight loss. I wouldn't change anything up. Just give it time.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys , losing 4lbs a month just seems slow the first 3 months were great as soon as I started Zumba it slowed ?
    Confused
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys , losing 4lbs a month just seems slow the first 3 months were great as soon as I started Zumba it slowed ?
    Confused

1 pound a week is a good amount to lose, IMO. You may have slowed weight loss from exercise if you are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more per square inch than fat does.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Confused

1 pound a week is a good amount to lose, IMO. You may have slowed weight loss from exercise if you are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more per square inch than fat does.

Some weeks it 0lbs-0.5lbs

They say it takes a huge amount of muscle to show up as a gain ?
    Oh well I will stick at 1649 calories from next week

Thanks again
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a good amount to lose, IMO. You may have slowed weight loss from exercise if you are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more per square inch than fat does

OP would not be gaining noticeable muscle in a deficit. Even newbie gains. She most certainly would not be gaining from Zumba.

Like I said sundown you are losing weight fast. It comes off when it comes off. I'm currently hitting my first long term plateau. Right as I'm about to go under 100kg. It's incredibly frustrating as I've lost about 2kg in six weeks (and just put one back on, though that was after a night out so I'm not counting it as a real gain till next week) and would love to be losing 4lbs a month right now. This is 'rest of your life' thing so it won't matter if it takes six months or six years as long as you are having good behaviors. It will all help your health!
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not either/or. I take some of both. MFP is very WW friendly. I set my preferences so that, when I track a food, I see the items needed to also track the Points. The WW online site is not as user friendly as MFP so I let that go. MFPs database of foods is truly amazing. I go to WW meetings once a month or so (I'm Lifetime). I like the in-person support. It's nice to see real-life people being successful. WW focuses on your whole health - like moving, eating nutrient-dense foods, drinking water, mental strategies, etc. On MFP, there are a lot of opinions about what works. However, it is just that - opinions. WW main principles are based on science and it's updated periodically to reflect the latest research. I guess the moral of my story is - there is so much to learn and I am open to taking the support from anywhere (as long as it's sane and healthy). :) Best of luck to you.