Anyone tried the P90X

Options
My friend gave me her copy of P90X but I wanted to see if it has worked for anyone. I am a little nervous trying it, I have never been good at exercising at home but the gym is getting too expensive. Any input would be helpful. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jyeagle570
    jyeagle570 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have not tried P90X however my sister and her husband are doing it now... It is intense from what she says but they have definately seen results. Best of luck!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I've done four rounds of P90X, one round of Insanity, and am now doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Here are a few tips:

1. When calculating your nutrition level in the Nutrition Plan, use your target weight, not your current weight. Women should eat anywhere from 1600-1800 calories to lose weight. Your body needs food for fuel; it's important to eat clean and often.

2. Don't work out on an empty stomach. I get up at 5 a.m., and always have a banana as soon as I get up. I wait about 20-25 minutes and then start my workout. Without fuel in your system, your body will actually turn to your muscles for fuel, not fat. So, it is eating away the muscles you are trying to build.

3. The only way to get better at pull ups is to do them. Work the negatives. Use the chair to help you get up over the bar, take your foot off, and then slowly lower yourself back down. Negatives work. You'll be doing unassisted pull ups before you know it.

4. If you're having trouble with ARX, take your shoes off. That little bit of weight from the shoes makes a big difference.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you! :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    p90x IS GREAT! I personally did it and saw some change in my tummy and definately more endurance, higher jumps, i cud do a push up (never made it to pullups lol).
    however i did not do the diet so i did not lose weight. I blame myself for that.

stick to it and u WILL see results!
  • Mylo301
    Options
    I started month 2 today. I'm really, really enjoying it. Definite challenge but I'm doing things I've never done before, toning up more than I ever have before, and having fun!

Note: I wouldn't recommend P90X for a beginner to exercise. I worked out 4 times per week before starting a month ago. However, I'd really plateaued...I did the same 30 minutes of cardio and different sets of weight everytime. So P90X is a great change and challenge for me.
  • jennkohler
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help. I definatly know it will be a challenge. I will try to write on my blog about how it is going.
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    As far as I've seen P90x is a great program... but its either for people who are already doing their workouts because its really intense... or for those who are really REALLY determined to go through with it. If you don't fit any of those cases, perhaps try the regular P90 and then continue to p90x.

Just my thoughts :)