I'm new!

Options
cwjett
cwjett Posts: 189 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Christi and I'm 29. I have 10 pounds I want to lose and its soooo hard!!
Everyone told me that when I got near 30 its harder and harder to lose weight and stay in shape; I'm seeing it now!
I want to lose 10 pounds by summer time and firm up! I feel so flabby and I get disgusted thinking about bathing suits. I am trying to eat healthier, I have to really work on portion control, I will eat healthy stuff but I eat 3 helpings of it!
I also have no motivation! When I get home from work and deal with my 2 kids I just want to lay on the couch and not do anything! I need something to get me moving and WANT to exercise. Where to find the time to do anything? I belong to a 24 hour gym but its hard to get there because it doesn't have daycare so then i have the problem of what to do with my kids! Excuses excuses right?? lol
I am open for any suggestions anyone has to offer....... I just need to get these 10 pounds off!
I'm excited about this site and talking to everyone!

Replies

• cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Christi and I'm 29. I have 10 pounds I want to lose and its soooo hard!!
    Everyone told me that when I got near 30 its harder and harder to lose weight and stay in shape; I'm seeing it now!
    I want to lose 10 pounds by summer time and firm up! I feel so flabby and I get disgusted thinking about bathing suits. I am trying to eat healthier, I have to really work on portion control, I will eat healthy stuff but I eat 3 helpings of it!
    I also have no motivation! When I get home from work and deal with my 2 kids I just want to lay on the couch and not do anything! I need something to get me moving and WANT to exercise. Where to find the time to do anything? I belong to a 24 hour gym but its hard to get there because it doesn't have daycare so then i have the problem of what to do with my kids! Excuses excuses right?? lol
    I am open for any suggestions anyone has to offer....... I just need to get these 10 pounds off!
    I'm excited about this site and talking to everyone!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You are still young!!! I used to believe that as you get older it is harder to lose weight, harder to exercise, etc etc...but you know it is not really true, WE make it harder...the problem I see is that as we get older we tend to slow down more and we also want to continue eating as much as we were eating when we were younger and that of course leads to weight gain...it is not that we are gaining weight because we are getting older and that is normal...

You said it yourself, you need to watch your portions, eat more nutritious foods and exercise regularly!!! I know it is hard when you have small children. If you can't get to the gym cancel your membership so you don't waste the money. With that money you can invest in exercise equipment to workout at home. Also get some workout DVD's. Or depending on the age of your children put them in a stroller and go out for walks, etc. There are soooo many things you can do at home. I dont belong to a gym, I workout mostly at home.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 44yrs old and I am about 4 pounds from reaching my goal of weighing 130 lbs. Good luck to you!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jfaw
    jfaw Posts: 10
    Options
    This site will help you!!! I didn't realize how much I was eating over the course of the day.....it added up fast. Be faithful in tracking everything....exercise and food. I found that having the daily scorecard caused me to exercise more and eat less. I lost 10 % of my body weight in 4 months and weigh less than I did in high school...and I'm 55 and feel great. Unfortunately, I had thrown out clothes that had "shrunk in my closet" that I could wear now.

Good luck.....you can do it.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sad truth is, the older you get the slower your matablisum gets, but there is a way to keep it running faster, and that the old fashion way, healthy eating and excerise. That and great friends pushing you in the right direction.