Need ideas to get rid of flabby arms

Options
I carry a lot of my weight in my arms, they are horrible. I am working on and able to get other body parts toner but not these dang arms. What can I do to trim them down and quickly.

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my bat wings!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can't.. at least not quickly.

Lift weights, eat a deficit, do some cardio and the fat will come off when it likes.
  • DaleArden
    DaleArden Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been swimming a lot lately and have noticed that my arms and shoulders are starting to shape up.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ^^ What she said...
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Lift weights. Most women neglect doing upper body exercises. If you build the muscle underneath the flab will be held up tighter.
  • ritag16
    ritag16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weed in the garden. This motion will help flab. Or, place arms straight up over head with elbows tight to the ears. Bend elbows downward behind the head while keeping elbows locked next to ears. Good luck!
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    yes you can but its hard to do! I had big arms really big ones :laugh: but now I can up my arm and said byeeeeee!!!! nothing is moving anymore! so you can do that.... just patient !!!:bigsmile:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    you could use a chainsaw, but a hedge trimmer seems to be just as effective and much quieter so as not to frighten the neighbors.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    patience, cardio, weight training and diet. Sorry, I wish there was a "magic bullet".
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Weed in the garden. This motion will help flab. Or, place arms straight up over head with elbows tight to the ears. Bend elbows downward behind the head while keeping elbows locked next to ears. Good luck!

this will do practically nothing.

as others have said...diet and weight lifting will be your best bet.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Eating 5 smaller meals daily. (Portion control)
    Eat "clean"
    Aim for more protein, easy on carbs
    lift at least 3 days a week (go hard, sweat blood)
    Do cardio at least 3-5
    Drink water

If all else fails, Have some cake and say f@cuk it I love my flabby arms .cheers:drinker:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My arms are really starting to shape up nicely. I have been doing push ups,dips, pull ups, curls,walking lunges with weight above my head(arms are straight), triceps extensions, If you don't know how to do these maybe ask a trainer or Google it. There are some really good videos that demonstrate exercises on line. Good luck! I dont mind wearing sleeveless shirts anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    def do upper body work out with weights, pull ups and push ups work wonders too.
    My favorite is the skull crusher: works the tri-cepts like no tomorrow but your arms don't feel like spaghetti afterwards.
    Know your body limitations, but also know that when you can push yourself to go one set more do it. You will see results.
    Doing this you will not have man arms either, just nicely sculpted arms that are very tone and have great muscle definition.
    I have no jiggle to my wave
    Best of luck!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I carry a lot of my weight in my arms, they are horrible. I am working on and able to get other body parts toner but not these dang arms. What can I do to trim them down and quickly.

Well, the way you get rid of that is by losing weight. Your BF% will go down and you will lose fat all around. You can do weight lifting and things like that to get THE MUSCLES behind the fat strong and solid but they will still be flabby because there's fat on top of the muscle. You need to get your BF% down.
  • Theresafinallygetsitright
    Options
    patience, cardio, weight training and diet. Sorry, I wish there was a "magic bullet".

Well said, my friend!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    def do upper body work out with weights, pull ups and push ups work wonders too.
    My favorite is the skull crusher: works the tri-cepts like no tomorrow but your arms don't feel like spaghetti afterwards.
    Know your body limitations, but also know that when you can push yourself to go one set more do it. You will see results.
    Doing this you will not have man arms either, just nicely sculpted arms that are very tone and have great muscle definition.
    I have no jiggle to my wave
    Best of luck!

What is the skull crusher? I didn't post this topic but I have the same issues. I've been weight training in a gym 5 -7 days a weeks. My upper arms are coming along great but the flab on the underside is taking a little longer lol. I'm not giving up though. Your description of the arm definition really intrigued me. My arms are getting a little more 'manly' than I'm wanting. :D
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Well, the way you get rid of that is by losing weight. Your BF% will go down and you will lose fat all around. You can do weight lifting and things like that to get THE MUSCLES behind the fat strong and solid but they will still be flabby because there's fat on top of the muscle. You need to get your BF% down.

Ahhhaaa.........this is the only thing that work.