is it true that cellulite does not go away?

Options
I think I have tried every diet in the book(s). My weight has fluctuated quite a bit, but I am at my heaviest now ( and the most amount of cellulite). I am really looking forward to documenting everything, it has already become part of my daily routine, but I am scared I won't be able to shake the dimples no matter how hard I try...

Replies

• princesssaramariez
    Options
    I had bad cellulite...but I started working out 5 times a week and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. I also used the Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Gel. The cellulite in my thighs has reduced A LOT, and not to mention my booty! :) The creams and gels are all temporary. They hydrate the skin and or firm the outer layers so that it appears the cellulite is diminishing. (I am OKAY with temporary hehehe) They say you don't have to buy the expensive creams, but use lotion at night and massage it into your problem areas and it is supposed to help with the fatty deposits causing cellulite. I don't think it ever fully goes away. Skinny people have it, big people have it. Men have it, women have it. But temporary fixes/quick fixes always make us feel better, especially for that special date or event! Hope this helps...you are not alone.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    cellulite is fat-

if you decrease your fat percentage (not just scale weight but actually the fat percentage) then you can decrease the amount of cellulite
  • ldbenincasa
    Options
    Mine has definitely gone away...not completely, but so much better! I have not only lost over 20 lbs, but I also exercise 5-6 days/week. My leg muscles are much more visible and the cellulite is much less. The cellulite I was starting to get on my arms (one of my big motivators to lose weight) is gone. It does go away as body fat goes away. Having said all of this, I have lost weight before and weighed even 5 lbs less than I do now, but never have I been in this good of shape. Even at 5 lbs less, I had a lot more cellulite than I do now. It definitley has to do with percent body fat more than weight.
  • jhutch365
    Options
    omg, I started noticing it on my arms too. That is when I was like enough is enough. I have started swimming 3 times a week and I love how many calories it burns! Sounds like I need to add in a little extra excercise (maybe weights/strength training). Thank you so much for the input