looking for support/friends

Options
Hi everyone. I am 47 and need to lose about 40-45 lbs (my goal is to get my BMI in the healthy target range and be physically fit more than it is a number) and I am looking for some friends that I can chat with/text for support. I work out fairly regularly ( trainer twice a week, karate twice a week) and during the day I'm good with staying on track with what I eat. My biggest problem is when I come home from work and want to just EAT. I work 3-12 hour shifts a week, so it's usually 9pm by the time I get home, which is a horrible time to be eating anything, let alone junk. Unfortunately, that's usually when my family is eating dinner. So, if there are folks out there who are looking for weight loss buddies, let me know :smile:

Replies

• kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise. We're neighbors (Punta Gorda). I started on this journey on March 3rd and am down 23 lbs. Since using MFP I have tried to not let myself get hungry. So when I play golf or do something that is going to take a long time I take an apple or other low calorie snack. For golf I wait until after 9 of the 18 holes to eat it, and cut my appetite that way. This might be a strategy for you at work. I think the key will be planning .... plan your 12 hour shift and post-shift meals. Work out your calorie budget and then stick to it. Use lots of small calorie eating and save the 600-700 calories for when you get home.

Hope this helps. Tom
  • wldlndcpt
    wldlndcpt Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Denise, feel free to add me as a friend. It sounds like we have a lot in common and I could use the support as well.