Seven months of (admittedly inconsistent) strength-training

Options
2»

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Can really see the definition in your pose facing away from the camera / back view. :) your arms are great, and legs much smoother. You must be thrilled!

now.. If i could get a bikini body it'd be amazing! lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've gotten many miles out of that bikini! Here's the full progression...

before-during-during-after--2.jpg

I wish I had back view photos from the beginning. But I have from the end of March onward.

shrinking-bum.jpg

March 141#, June 135#, August 129#, January ~133#.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! And I'm so encouraged to read that you did this with weight machines rather than free weights. I'm still so leery of free weights, but I'd be thrilled to get results like yours from the machines!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. Thank you so much for posting your photos. What an inspiration.

Congratulations. I think you have done an amazing job, you look healthy and fit. What I want to be.

Namaste, Kristine
  • melrose09
    Options
    daaaang! You look AWESOME!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You Sure do Look Awesome! Thanks for posting, very Inspiring
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I believe free weights are better, but the machines are much less intimidating. Plus, I belong to Planet Fitness and their free weight options aren't that great.

I typically do (did) full body twice a week... making a round of all the machines, doing either 2 sets of 12, or 3 sets of 8, as heavy as I could. Start with about ten minutes on a treadmill, bike or elliptical to get warmed up, then hit the weights for about thirty minutes, then I'd do more cardio just because it's a pain in the butt for me to go to the gym, so I don't want to spend more time commuting to and fro than I spend there. :happy:

i use a planet fitness as well, strength training is all what you make of it, you can do it with anything, any where. But the results don't lie........I do little to no cardio. Its unecessary for weight loss. A little bit is necessary for general health. Great Work!
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    hrm. How do I say this without sound like a disgusting pervert. Nice tushie!!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work. Well done!
  • eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Thanks for the inspiration to keep lifting weights :)
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job! I especially like the cat peering over your shoulder in the last picture! :smile:
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you are amazing. truly an inspiration!!
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump to share with daughter who has no need to lose weight but is embarking on strength training. I've been on my own journey for 8 months and still going strong. Slow and steady.
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Amazing you look great. Just turned 30 and just started NROL4W this week, weight training has been good to you, I hope its good to me too, up'd my calories from 1230 to 1600-1900, and lost 1lb already. Maybe people are right my 30's will be better then my 20's :)
  • msbj1357
    msbj1357 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job. U look great. Motivation for me. Ks
  • Ginn123
    Ginn123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've gotten many miles out of that bikini! Here's the full progression...

before-during-during-after--2.jpg

I wish I had back view photos from the beginning. But I have from the end of March onward.

shrinking-bum.jpg

March 141#, June 135#, August 129#, January ~133#.

Wow, amazing! Great job!
  • kcallas88
    Options
    boom. motivation i needed to start p90x strength training. 6mons till my beach trip!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!