I'm celebrating!

Options
I went to the doctor today and I have lost 25 pounds and I am now off of any blood pressure meds! I didn't think I could come off the medication this quickly... I am amazed and feeling really good about myself right now. I'm now at 210 and my next goal is to get below 200.
:love:

Thanks to everyone here for your info and support... it has made a difference.

Replies

• frenchfoodlover
    Options
    I went to the doctor today and I have lost 25 pounds and I am now off of any blood pressure meds! I didn't think I could come off the medication this quickly... I am amazed and feeling really good about myself right now. I'm now at 210 and my next goal is to get below 200.
    :love:

Thanks to everyone here for your info and support... it has made a difference.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go!:smile:
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    wow congratulations! that's great!
  • Josie23
    Josie23 Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats and Great job.
    Keep up the good work:happy:
  • ms_michelle2006
    Options
    what are you doing to loose Im only dropping one pund a week, its something but I am 260 so I really would like to get some other tips. thanks
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! The health rewards of losing even a little weight are truly amazing aren't they???
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you are off of those meds. Your body is so much healthier!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    what are you doing to loose Im only dropping one pund a week, its something but I am 260 so I really would like to get some other tips. thanks

How much are you eating and what kinds of foods are you eating? I am just curious because I started at 270 in September and would lose anywhere from 2-4 lbs a week, (3 being the average) for a LONG time. As I got closer to 200, it slowed a bit, but would still be around 2 a week. I am still losing PRETTY steadily but have hit a couple plateaus recently. I think its because I am down to 193 and my body probably just needs to adjust and take a break.

Anyway, I was eating usually around between 1600-1700 a day for a long time and then 1500-1600..I just want to make sure you are eating enough.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    It posted twice! Darn thing!
  • ms_michelle2006
    Options
    well Im only supposed to have 1390 a day, my most typical meal is oatmeal for breakfast...a apple for snack, a nice salad for lunch with salad sprizters, and chicken and brown rice for dinner with veggies. thats typically what I have in a day plus lots of water. I think this is the slowest i have ever lost wheight. if you have any advice that would be great
  • TamTastic
    Options
    well Im only supposed to have 1390 a day, my most typical meal is oatmeal for breakfast...a apple for snack, a nice salad for lunch with salad sprizters, and chicken and brown rice for dinner with veggies. thats typically what I have in a day plus lots of water. I think this is the slowest i have ever lost wheight. if you have any advice that would be great

Honestly, you might try adding some more calories. Like I said, at 270 and probably until I was under 210, I ate around 1600 calories(I wasn't working out a whole lot back then either). It may not seem like a lot to add..but sometimes that 200 calories can make a difference to your metabolism. Your choices seem good as far as food goes. Maybe add a mid-afternoon snack of yogurt and a banana or something like that for a week and see how you do.
  • ms_michelle2006
    Options
    ok, im going to try that and see if that helps me out. thanks
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    I agree - make sure you are eating enough. One of the things that has helped me is making sure I get enough protein, which I find hard. I work out 4 times/week. 40 minutes on an elliptical ( at a reasonable level - never at "boot camp" level), and then 1/2 an hour of weights & abs. On the days I workout, I definitely eat more, but I never ,manage to eat my full calorie deficit. I'm really trying to listen to my body and not my mind. If I'm hungry, I ALWAYS eat. I find I'll have a day out of the blue (not even a workout day) when I'm really hungry. Please note too - I joined in April, but I started dieting in the first week of February. I started out at 235 and I'm down to 210. I've lost 2 pounds a week steady. Everything I have read has said that to get the weight off and keep it off, you are more likely to succeed if you lose no more than 2 pounds a week.

When I first started I was gaining muscle from working out and lost very little in the first 3 weeks, so keep that in mind too. Hope this helps....