P90X

Options
Loudmom01
Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
On day 30 of P90X. It is fun and challenging! I see big changes and have lost 12.25 inches since I started. 3 inches in my waist alone! I am having trouble eating enough tho and it is affecting the workouts. Some burn 400-600 calories per 60 min workout and I am having trouble eating even 1200 calories per day. Need to get everything in sync in order to optimize my weight loss.

Replies

• mochamochalatte
    mochamochalatte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is challenging; I did it a few years ago and considering again. How about a nice protein shake/smoothie after the workout?
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your doing fine. I take it you don't eat alot, and that is why your not meeting your calorie count for the day? In the morning try oatmeal with blue berries and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and then eat small snacks between your lunch and supper. Before you knowing you'll be eating your calorie count. Keep up the great work. I myself have started phase 2, or week 5 of P90x, but I also ride a bike and an exercise bike.
  • cammm87
    cammm87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As far as I see in your diary you don't even log your calories...and people usually underestimate calories intake by 50% so you should try log EVERYTHING and maybe you'll figure out that your weight loss was stop by eating too much!!! But congrats on your inches loss this is SO great!!! :)
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope I dont eat a lot. Am trying to squeeze in more calories. I too am starting week five on Monday. Its been great fun!
  • streettalker
    Options
    How do I log P90x into my exercise for the day???
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    Do you eat anything before you workout or after you workout? You really should have some type of complex carbohydrate about an hour or so before you start the workout's so that way by the time you start the workout that complex carbohydrate is primed and ready for your workout. Then after your workout have a protein shake with some type of simple carbohydrate. For example I sacrifice an hour of sleep to wake up have a bowl of oatmeal mixed with protein powder and then around 15-20 minutes before actually starting P90x I eat a handful of nuts to get some simple carbs to help with the workout and then immediately after working out i have about a cup of children's cereal with protein powder with 1% Milk. I use the children's cereal to get the sugar to straight to muscle recovery. Then I hit breakfast about 30 minutes after my recovery cereal. Just my 2 cents on what has give me results
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Try to eat 6 meals a day at around 300 cals each and then you will be able to increase your otal to 1800 and jeep your metabolism stable