Not sure what to do with this...

Options
tabulator32
tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
MFP has me starting each day with just over 1600 calories.

Some days, like today, I add a considerable amount of calories (recorded by Fitbit) to burn. Today I had a 10-mile hike and then I helped a friend move to a new apartment. I added over 2500 calories to burn.

All in all, I ate over 2000 calories today.

If I were to follow the advice of eating my exercise calories, I would have to eat at least another 1900 calories to break even.

I'm not hungry at all.

Anyone else have days like this? What's the deal?

Replies

• renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like having the occasional day like this. I eat whatever I want in the end (which usually isn't all that much, because I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry.) Then I don't beat myself up at all if I go over a bit the next day - and then I get on with it. The valley on my nutrition graph every other week or so, seems to even out with the spike that comes every other week or so thanks to Ben and Jerry's. I like looking at the week by week graphs, because the world doesn't "reset" on a 24 hour clock and we aren't machines. I think it gives me a good picture of a healthy lifestyle.

Way to go today, btw! Sounds like you enjoyed life today.
  • penelopepitstop2012
    Options
    I say dont eat if you are not hungry unless you are trying to gain weight. Take it as a bonus that you burned those extra cals as it will only help you to get to your goal. also I am a bit untrusting on the exercise energy estimates they seem to over estimate cals needed I think because 2500 is alot thats more than doubling your intake for 10 miles
  • MelanieLeanne
    Options
    Just listen to your body. If it says you're hungry, then eat. If not, then don't worry about it! :)
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry don't eat.
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good advice Melanie
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit too. On days where my calorie burn is around 1000 calories or more, it gets hard to eat them all. I track my deficit in a spreadsheet and watch my overall deficit. If I have a low burn day and am extra hungry, I'll eat more, or let myself have a fun meal out where I will splurge. If I notice that I am starting to get worn down or extra sore, I do start to force more calories overall though.