Best running / walking sneakers are...

Options
Hey all,

I've been using my mfp since January and this is my first post. I read the forums pretty regularly (usually for inspiration), but now I'm finally compelled to write something!

Let me just start by saying I've been suffering from acute foot, ankle and lower leg pain for the better part of 20 years now. I have fallen arches (flat feet), plantar fasciitis etc.. I've tried everything short of surgery to relieve the pain and allow myself to be able to walk and sleep pain free.

In college I ran cross country and was in the best shape of my life. As the years passed after college, I became less fit and suffered from greater foot pain. In my attempts to get healthy again I always supplemented my healthier eating (dieting) with walking. My last pair of sneaks were a pair of Asics that I combined with orthodics. They made walking bearable, but I still suffered from pain.

Well last week I decided to take a trip to a outlet center and visit the Nike store there. I figured it was time to buy some new sneaks, and the had some cool shirts on sale for $3.47! I tried on several pairs of sneaks as my wife patiently watched me walk around the store. I finally decided to give the Nike Lunar 3's a try.

Let me just say that a week of walking on the Nike Lunar 3's has been amazing! I doubted I would ever be able to run again, but I'm feeling that with these new sneaks I will eventually be able to start. I walk about 2 miles a night (3.5 mph+) on week nights after work and anywhere from 4-6 miles on weekend days. I have been able to go pain free without inserting my old orthodics in them. They offer great support and comfort.

By the way, I don't work for Nike - I'm a middle school special ed teacher. :)

Thanks for reading. I hope this helps some of you out there that suffer from foot pain and really want to get out there and walk.

Replies

• AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Glad you were able to find a pair of shoes that work for you!!! I find shoes are so different for everyone. I personally cant wear any Nike's because they rub on my ankles and they make my feet soooo sore!!

I do however, love my new Saucony Mirage shoes! I never have foot pain and they are so comfortable to wear! Im glad I finally found a good shoe for me!