Shisha?

Options
My friends and I bought a shisha pipe and we're planning to smoke it tomorrow. I was just wondering what the impact it has on your health is?
I'm not planning to smoke much, to smoke it regularly and I will NEVER smoke the tobacco ones.
Was just wondering the general opinion and any advice? Also, does anyone know if the smell clings to clothes/hair much?

Replies

• Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's not as bad as tobacco or cigarettes by far. But back when I used to smoke it, I didn't notice any immediate adverse effects when I smoked. I smoked extremely rarely.

If it's only once every month or so, there should be no immediate change to your health. Just don't get carried away.
  • MelanieLeanne
    Options
    It's not as bad for your health as you would think it would be. You would have to smoke a whole bowl for it to have the effect of 1 cigarette, which would take like 1-2 hours to smoke. Also, the smell sometimes clings, especially if you're smoking it at a hookah bar, but it's a good smell. It comes in flavors of strawberry, strawberry banana, green apple, & others like that. So that's what you would smell like, so it's not a bad smell!
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I night of shisha/hookah session = around 20 cigs.

(serious)
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    straight from the CDC:
    http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_stat...ustry/hookahs/

Cliffs:
    compared with cigarettes:

-Water pipe smoking delivers the addictive drug nicotine and is at least as toxic as cigarette smoke.2

-Due to the mode of smoking—including frequency of puffing, depth of inhalation, and length of the smoking session—hookah smokers may absorb higher concentrations of the toxins found in cigarette smoke.1,2

-A typical 1-hour-long hookah smoking session involves inhaling 100–200 times the volume of smoke inhaled from a single cigarette.4

-Hookah smokers are at risk for the same kinds of diseases as are caused by cigarette smoking, including oral cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, cancer of the esophagus, reduced lung function, and decreased fertility.5

this was written in bold on the webpage:

Hookah smoking is NOT a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes.
  • hookahchina
    Options
    about hookah health,Pls visit hookahchina.net get more information
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Lukazetta is right... shisha is WAY worse than cigarettes.
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love shisha!! but yeah be very aware that its probably just as bad if not worse than smoking cigarettes.. so smoke in moderation
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    and the smell is a lot sweeter than cigarettes but does still cling to hair and clothes