Going to try slimming world

Options
Jo2926
Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
So I'm not losing weight. Which clearly means one or two things:
1) I'm underestimating how much I'm eating
2) I'm overestimating how much I'm burning - even though I wear a HRM that is set up correctly

I'm very frustrated, and this reinforces my belief that I have the wrong type of personality to succeed with calorie counting! It always feels like too much hassle and difficult to really judge when eating out and so on.

So I'm going to try slimming world again. I did this before and I had a lot of success. I've changed my diary so I can still log on here (will put free and super free foods in the meals, and snacks/HEs in the relevant section regardless what meal I eat them at). I am not going to group as I find it horrific!

If anyone else is doing something similar then please add me as a friend. I need to get the damn scale moving....

(PS - I'm sticking with my exercise and logging it - lots of weights and a fair bit of cardio. I'll ignore my calories for the most part, but will be interested in the results)

Replies

• MelanieLeanne
    Options
    If you're working out though, it might not be showing on the scale, but you might be losing fat & gaining muscle! If that's not the case, try doing HIIT training. Burns as many calories in 15-20 minutes as it would take in 60 minutes of monotonous cardio! Also, if you need supplements to help with losing weight, maintaining a healthy metabolism & suppressing appetite, check out advocare.com!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply - I'm not gaining muscle, body fat % staying put too, and my jeans still are not fashioning! I've been considering doing some tabata type workouts with my kettlebell - I used to love using this and it gave me a great shape before.

I haven't lost any weight now for about 4 weeks so I just feel like its time to shake it up a bit.....