Shakeology shakes?

Options
Has anyone tried these? My niece swears that they are a great & nutritious morning meal replacement. I have a hard time eating breakfast and was going to try these, but man....they are pricey? Has anyone tried these and if so, are they that much different than, say, the whey protein shake powders that I see in my local grocery store?

Thanks!
Lisa aka TVGal63

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have not tried them. On a side note, I also haven't stuck my pecker in a toaster. In both cases I've rationalized alternatives or at least reasons not to. =)

You are correct, it is overpriced. You'd be fine getting a multivitamin and whey protein.

Additionally, if you have a hard time eating breakfast it is perfectly fine to not eat breakfast. This would allow you to save these calories for later. If you have no issues with behavior from doing this, then go for it.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You'd be fine getting a multivitamin and whey protein.

Additionally, if you have a hard time eating breakfast it is perfectly fine to not eat breakfast. This would allow you to save these calories for later. If you have no issues with behavior from doing this, then go for it.

After looking at the ingredients I agree with him....

Cite:

http://myshakeology.com/uploads/fckeditor/mdbody/File/downloads/ShakeologyCocoa.pdf

http://fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/pure-protein/whey-protein-powder---chocolate
  • MelanieLeanne
    Options
    I've tried them, but I haven't used them since i found out about advocare meal replacement shakes because I love them way more!! They have 25 g of protein, 220 calories, tons of vitamins & nutrients & are delicious!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried these? My niece swears that they are a great & nutritious morning meal replacement. I have a hard time eating breakfast and was going to try these, but man....they are pricey? Has anyone tried these and if so, are they that much different than, say, the whey protein shake powders that I see in my local grocery store?

Thanks!
    Lisa aka TVGal63

Your niece left out that they are extremely overpriced for what you get. By chance is she a coach and would like to sell you some?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm about to drink my Shakeology for the day, funny enough. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am signed up as a coach but not active at the moment. The biggest benefit for me has been the effect it has my on reflux. I thought I had tongue or throat cancer for awhile, because it feels like it's on fire when it acts up, and no reflux drugs have helped so far. Shakeology, however, absolutely does help. There are a lot of benefits to it, but I do agree that it's expensive. Good luck finding what works for you.:drinker:
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    My Beachbody coach recommends them (obviously, as they are made by Beachbody) but I can easily see that spending the equivalent of about $160 per month Shakeology is insane. Go your local health food shop, buy whey protein and vitamins, it'll be just as good.:smile:
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have not tried them. On a side note, I also haven't stuck my pecker in a toaster. In both cases I've rationalized alternatives or at least reasons not to. =)

You are correct, it is overpriced. You'd be fine getting a multivitamin and whey protein.

LOL. I also haven't tried it, cause it seems way too overpriced and i'd be fine with Whey Isolate and a daily multi for men. I also feel that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day(second to post workout meal)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I also feel that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day(second to post workout meal)

Are you familiar with Martin Berkhan's work at Leangains.com, regarding skipping breakfast? The idea that it's important from a metabolic standpoint has been adequately refuted. From a behavioral standpoint however, it's perfectly valid to want or need breakfast. That would be largely individual/personal preference.