Nocturnal Eating

Options
I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. I have made quite a bit of progress having lost 33 pounds already, but some things i still wonder about and this is one of them. First let me tell you a bit about my regimen, i eat 6 small meals a day at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm ,9pm,. I walk 5-7 miles a day, and I'm pretty strict on my self most of the time. After my 9pm meal i feel full, but i tend to wake up at 12am and then again at 3am, every night feeling incredibly hungry, not sure if my metabolism is working for me or against me or what is going on, i try my best not to eat at those times and just drink water. Not sure if im doing something wrong, is it just me this happens to or is it common. Any advice or comments help so feel free, also feel free to add me if you wish.

Thanks

Replies

• MelanieLeanne
    Options
    If you wake up in the middle of the night, try eating maybe half a piece of whole wheat bread & drink lots of water. Or eat a full piece with your dinner right before you go to bed. Fiber helps you feel fuller for a long period of time.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    just reviewed your diary, the intakes are there.
    Seems more a psychological-driven hunger than a real one.
    The hunger pattern can be modulated, meaning the more you skip eating when you usually have them, the less hunger you will be across time. when you are hungry, don't eat, the feeling will fade of through time

The orexigenic hormone is the ghrelin, secreted into the gastrointestinal tract
    http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijpep/2011/898450/
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thx guys :)
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Whats with all the quick added calories? If you do this, no one actually knows what you are really eating.
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    ya i gotta quit doing that it seems faster, but i realized that yesterday also. So i need to take the time to add it all correctly