Biggest meal

Options
Just curious on what your biggest(most Calories) meal of the day is? I would have to say mine is breakfast. Unless the wife is making mexican food for dinner and I always go over on those days.

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I try to keep breakfast and lunch pretty even, and I allow myself a little extra for dinner. I usually have a protein shake after I work out, and if that is in the mornings, my morning total is usually heavier than my afternoon/evening one.

And I agree on the Mexican, if I am planning to make an enchilada or fajita dinner, I definitely save some calories for that or go over!
  • mom2chase09
    mom2chase09 Posts: 10
    Options
    I usually have the biggest meal at dinner, but i try to keep it even. I have to force myself to eat breakfast most of the time, so I dont get many calories in the mornings
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories at night and I skip breakfast.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I try to make biggest meal dinner because we eat at 6-6:30 pm and I am starved by 9 and can't go to sleep if I haven't had enough to eat .
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually fairly even, with lunch probably being the smallest. It varies, though.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Like an above poster, I generally eat most of my calories between 8pm and 3am when I go to bed, at this time anyway, though today was different and I ate a lot in the daytime as I woke early.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    On a normal school day, it's usually lunch.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Usually dinner. I skip breakfast a lot.
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    Definitely breakfast or lunch! I am rarely that hungry in the evening, and frequently don't have the energy to do more than steam some vegetables, throw together a nice salad, etc.
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lunch is my biggest meal of the day, breakfast is a close second, snacks, and then dinner is my smallest meal of the day and usually something pretty light, i have a hard time sleeping when i've eaten a lot.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I usually have one meal that makes up about a third of my calories at midday and then one larger meal that makes up the rest around 7 or 8 at night.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I eat around 5-8 p.m, so I'm starving about two hours after lunch.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Biggest meal for me is in the afternoon if not lifting.
    On lifting days my biggest meal, is after i lift, i don't eat breakfast.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    Definitely breakfast!
    It is almost half of my daily intake.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Breakfast is under 300, lunch usually around the same, snacks another 300 or so, and dinner 4-500.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I try to make my biggest meal of the day and tapper off though the day. I have found that this works best for me
  • broadway_Calls
    broadway_Calls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Almost always dinner, except on Sundays when I'm having a family lunch or something.
  • jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    I have tried my biggest meal several different ways. It seems like I always starve at night no matter how I do it. Don't know if it is just all the commercials on tv for food or I am just always thinking about food. It is like an addiction.