big women

Options

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am only 5 feet and one inch. I am still over weight though. about 222 or a bit over. I don;t have a scale at the moment.
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    Hey there!! I am 5'8 started at 260 now at 193..goal is 140ish might be more we'll see how it goes! :) Feel free to add me ladies!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I don't think I've ever been smaller than 140. And for me, 140 is skinny. I would just like to be 145 because I think it's something I could actually maintain over the long haul. I have big muscular legs. Don't think I'll ever see 120 again. And I'm cool with that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm an anomaly ... Just under 5'5, size 8. 189 currently. Down from 236, size 16. My goal is likely going to end up around 170, easy size 6. I eat above my BMR , under my TDEE and lift heavy.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lol, its a little sad that you consider that a "big woman"! I'm 5'8 too, but you're at my goal weight! lol, I'm currently 253 :(

If you're referring only to height, though, yup! I'm here :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that most women on here are tiny and trying to get down in the 120-110s. That's awesome for them, but I'm a big girl at 5'8", and I need more friends that have goals like mine! My starting weight on mfp was 165, I'm at 160, and my goal is 149. Anyone else similar to me? Please don't tell me I'm the only Amazon here!

You're hardly an amazon!! I'm 5'9" and 240 lbs..... LOL
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    i'm 5'5", i started at 272 (currently 250) on my way to 160-170 hopefully!
  • GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I feel you
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 155 - 160.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5'9", SW 341, CW 281, GW 180. Large frame and really muscular under all the blubber (still trying to wrap my head around just HOW muscular, much to my husband's amusement)
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You're really not that big. I'm 5'6 and my starting weight here is 196lbs (biggest I've ever been). And my goal weight is 133lbs. Of course I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, I'd be happy to drop two dress sizes so I could fit back into my old pre-pregnancy clothes. xx
  • dolphinmomof3
    Options
    I am 5"7' and i want to get down to 180 and i have a long way to go. so not quite like your goal but similar lol. good luck and I hope you can reach it. :flowerforyou:
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    By big I mean... Big. Size 11 shoe (I used to be a ten but that was before two kids), my hands are bigger than most guys, and I cannot ever wear heels at 5'8! Any of you who want support feel free to add me, I will help motivate you!
  • ctsnyder
    ctsnyder Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My starting weight was 253 and I aimed for 150, which gives me a healthy BMI. I actually just hit 145, completely accidentally. One of my coworkers just told me I am looking "too thin." I'm now wearing a size 10. I consider myself on maintenance now. Best of luck to you.
    Charlotte
  • ctsnyder
    ctsnyder Posts: 4
    Options
    To add to my recent post--yes! I wear size 11 shoes also, and my hands are so big I can't usually wear women's gloves. My wedding ring is size 8 (same as my husband's). My husband is only 5'7" also, but my son is 6'2"; I'm sure he got it from me. So I see where you're coming from--and going to.
    Charlotte
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Not at all. I'm an anomaly ... Just under 5'5, size 8. 189 currently. Down from 236, size 16. My goal is likely going to end up around 170, easy size 6. I eat above my BMR , under my TDEE and lift heavy.
    How did you tighten up so well to fit in a 6 at 170lbs? I'm 5,6 and 150 and still in a size 8/10 in jeans. Any tips would be much appreciated!
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I started I was a bit over 250. Two weeks in and I'm down 6 pounds with a goal of 145 for my 5'6" body. You're definitely not alone!
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my all time high was 290. I did lose 85 pounds a quite a few years ago but I'm back up to 245. My goal weight is 170.
    As far as heels, oh yea, I wear them all the time at work. I love being tall! Now, I just need to lose the weight so I can really embrace my height and not just be the tall fat girl.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you are not an amazon, I see plenty of much bigger women on here then you ! I had a 60 lb. weight loss goal , I was 195 lbs. and I'm 5'7. I've lost 50 so far and have 10 to go. Maybe a few more, I'll see how I look and feel when I get there.
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    5'8 and 184 lbs.I dream of being as light as you!