Newbie! On journey to lose almost 60 pounds. Help?

Options
Hello community! I just signed up for this yesterday and I can say I'm already loving how great this website is. I'm a graduating senior in high school (4 days left, yay!) I am 5'4" and weight 182 pounds. My target weight? 125. I've already made a blog post describing how I got to be this overweight. You will find a link to my blog below, feel free to check it out. (My upcoming posts will not be as long as that first one, that is basically just an introduction to me). I guess I'm just looking for other people who are in the same shoes for support and whatnot. I know this kind of stuff can be a lot easier if you have friends alongside you. So please, introduce yourselves, feel free to ask any questions.

My Blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Amatambi

23565450.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• ylime412
    ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am in a very similar boat to you, only a bit older. I am 21 years old, in college, and have 50 ish pounds to lose to. I am 5'3 and started out at 183 lbs. I have been using myfitnesspal for about a month now, and I feel so much better already! Feel free to add me if you want! I would love some friends with similar goals. :)
  • deadly_ayk_of_love
    Options
    feel free to add me im new to mfp as well
  • AryVally
    AryVally Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow we have similar target, but I'm not so young. I'm sure you can reach it more quickly than me.
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    Hello there! I am 21, will be 22 in about 2 weeks. I have lost 20 lbs so far by getting on Metformin for ovarian cysts and the weight fell off. (Funny to see what happens when your hormones are balanced), as of this morning I have 65 lbs left to lose. It is VERY daunting, but I know that I can do it. :) I am ex-army and I am training myself to get in shape and also training my brother to get ready for basic training. You are more than welcome to add me and if you need any help at all, just message me! :) Good luck on this journey!!
  • jenvrmr
    jenvrmr Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, I'm also looking to lose about 60lbs. I can't start just yet though because I'm pregnant, but due any day now. I hope to jump on the weight loss train soon. I gained about 30lbs during this pregnancy and I was already about 30-35lbs overweight to begin with. Add me and we can help support each other to lose this weight.