Jillian Micheals Mixup?

Options
Instead of going all 30 days with shred and/or ripped..have you ever tried to do like 30 days of mixups? One day do shred, the other ripped..say day 3 you want to do another one of her series? I was thinking about doing that instead..

Replies

• thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    First of all I noticed your Naruto pic in your ticker, AWESOME!!! We always have a problem getting the codecs to work when we download the anime so we just stick with the manga that we have been reading since it was created.

Second, pertaining to your question. I am doing 30DS straight through. I haven't seen the moves on RI30 myself but there is a thread about it and I have heard that the moves are more involved and difficult in RI30 if you aren't in shape.

If you are in shape and can do all of the moves in 30DS no problem then I don't see why it would hurt switching it up. Would keep you from getting bored anyways.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have 4 JM dvds and I switch up all the time to prevent from getting bored.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm a HUGE Naruto fan..and I am also a Naruto & Hinata fan for the couple..
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have 4 JM dvds and I switch up all the time to prevent from getting bored.

that is a good idea cause I am starting Jillian Michaels tomorrow.... and have the yoga and shred
  • beachlover718
    Options
    I'm doing 30 DS right now, but every 4 days or so I get bored and swap out for RI30 at the same level. I think RI30 is a little harder but it keeps it fun and then I appreciate going back to 30DS.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Hi! I just finished the 30DS last Friday and didn't do any other workout. Tomorrow, I want to combine the DVDs I have from her plus butt bible. I'm still trying to find a DVD that can help me with upper body. This is my schedule for next month:
    - Mondays: Killer buns and Thighs + Butt Bible
    - Tuesday: Six Week 6 pack and still looking for *that* DVD than can help me with upper body. I will do meanwhile Butt Bible for upper body.
    - Wednesday: Extreme Shed and Shred
    - Thursday: Same as Monday
    - Friday: Same as Tuesday
    - Saturday: Same as Wednesday
    - Sunday: Off.

*At some point I'll throw in my belly dance DVDs.

I don't have RI30 or more JM DVDs, so I'll work with with I have right now. I think is great to mix so I don't get bored. there was a point in 30DS when I was like "please no more", not because of the workout, but more like doing the same exercises for 10 days.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Yes, I have several JM dvd's as well as a bunch of other dvd's and I switch them all up so I don't get bored and so my muscles don't get used to doing just one thing over and over again.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred was my first Jillian DVD, and I did it for about 30 days. Then I did exactly what you're suggesting - I picked up Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and alternated the two workouts. Then I bought another DVD, and another, and another....that was two years ago. :smile:

Now I still alternate workouts from week to week, usually a shorter one with weights followed by a run, the next day a longer one that's more cardio, depending on my mood and how much time I have.

it's working and keeps me from getting bored.

Current titles:

Ripped in 30
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Kickbox Fastfix
    Killer Buns & Thighs
    6 Week Six-Pack
    Yoga Meltdown
    Shred It With Weights (although I haven't done this one in quite awhile, not sure why)

Loaned 30DS to my mom, so haven't done that one lately, either. :tongue:

I also picked up Biggest Loser Cardio Max at a thrift store, so I mix that one in occasionally, too - a little Bob, Jillian, and whatever the other chick's name is from the early seasons.
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    I get bored doing the same workout over and over, so I recently decided to do the "30 Day Slimdown" I kept seeing around on these boards. It basically mixes Jillian's 30DS, BFBM and NMTZ in a 30 day schedule. I'm only on day 5 now, but I haven't gotten bored yet! Good luck!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I get really bored with the same workout so I have Banish Fast, Boost Metabolism, Kickboxing Fastfix, and the 30 day shred
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I mix it up between RI30 and Extreme Shed and Shred, plus some other stuff on my own. I think as long as you work out, it doesn't really matter. Do what you have to not get bored, and keep moving.
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I saw this posted in one of the other forums:

Here's Jillian's 30 day rotation guide (found this awhile back):

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

ENJOY!

**QUICK TROUBLE ZONES = NMTZ w/ no floorwork
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I mix 3-4 Jillian workouts with different workouts, and running. Depens on how much time I have and how energetic I feel.