Options

Replies

• lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    Tomatoes, basil, chives, squash, zucchini
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Our seedlings were extremely disappointing this years and haven't shown signs of producing anything, however were still hoping, we have tomato, zucchini, squash and spaghetti melon (mind you I have never be able to produce with my squash type plants, they fecking flower but no fruit, Things that are and will do well are the Yellow beans, mint (like a weed) and parsley. The red, white and black currents, the raspberries, strawberries, wild strawberries and rhubarb.
    Sweden's summers just don't seem long or warm enough for much, even though we baby our seedlings inside for quite a while, nights just get so cool here.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    Ok ready for it? LOL

meyer lemons,
    pomellos
    grapefruit
    navel oranges
    mandarin oranges
    tangerines
    cara cara oranges
    bears lime
    sweet lime
    buddha's hand
    persimmons
    apples
    pomegranate
    avocado
    white fig
    strawberries
    raspberries
    blackberries
    blueberries
    kiwi
    sun chokes
    purple potatoes
    red skin pink flesh potatoes
    rutabaga
    lettuces
    kale
    green onions
    lemon grass
    stevia
    basil
    sage
    thyme
    dill
    rosemary
    oregano
    peppermint
    spearmint
    chocolate mint
    watermelon radishes
    spaghetti squash
    a big assortment of heirloom tomatoes
    and about to plant yellow flesh and variegated watermelons and zucchini
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Puppies.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Beef- and chickens for eggs. LOVE fresh eggs. :wink:

Fresh eggs -- sooo envious!!!!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It is winter here in Australia. Only have silverbeet right now, as well as basil, thyme, rosemary, chives, mint, parsley, oregano. Also chokoes from a vine that climbs along many fences here- don't know where it originates. Passionfruit on our vine not ready to pick yet. We usually grow onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, squash. Would love to graow more but our garden isn't very big. Nothing tastes as good as homegrown! :)
  • Laurej
    Options
    Our seedlings were extremely disappointing this years and haven't shown signs of producing anything, however were still hoping, we have tomato, zucchini, squash and spaghetti melon (mind you I have never be able to produce with my squash type plants, they fecking flower but no fruit, Things that are and will do well are the Yellow beans, mint (like a weed) and parsley. The red, white and black currents, the raspberries, strawberries, wild strawberries and rhubarb.
    Sweden's summers just don't seem long or warm enough for much, even though we baby our seedlings inside for quite a while, nights just get so cool here.

A friend on here gave me good advice on squash I'm going to try this summer, as we've always had that problem where it flowers and either no fruit or the fruit dies....when the male flower opens take a qtip and collect some pollen, and store in a ziploc bag, when the female flowers open, put some of the male pollen into the female flower.
  • Laurej
    Options
    It is winter here in Australia. Only have silverbeet right now, as well as basil, thyme, rosemary, chives, mint, parsley, oregano. Also chokoes from a vine that climbs along many fences here- don't know where it originates. Passionfruit on our vine not ready to pick yet. We usually grow onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, squash. Would love to graow more but our garden isn't very big. Nothing tastes as good as homegrown! :)

MMMM I'm dying to get my hands on a passionfruit vine! Thx 4 reminding me:flowerforyou:
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    Green Bell Peppers
    Jalapeno Peppers
    Mini Watermelon
    Yellow Squash
    Zucchini
    Strawberries
    Various Herbs
    Tomatoes

My Cucumber and Red Bell Pepper plants died for some reason.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes. We've been doing those for years. This year we've also got cherry tomatos, zucchini, mini bell peppers, yellow onion, bicolor corn, butter lettuce, spinach, carrots, bush beans and baby peas. First time for most of the veggies, we'll see how it all turns out.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    We have:

blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, dewberries

zucchini, green beans, pumpkins, acorn squash, butternut squash, tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, cucumbers, radishes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, various herbs, peas, garlic, and some other things that I'm probably forgetting.
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok ready for it? LOL

meyer lemons,
    pomellos
    grapefruit
    navel oranges
    mandarin oranges
    tangerines
    cara cara oranges
    bears lime
    sweet lime
    buddha's hand
    persimmons
    apples
    pomegranate
    avocado
    white fig
    strawberries
    raspberries
    blackberries
    blueberries
    kiwi
    sun chokes
    purple potatoes
    red skin pink flesh potatoes
    rutabaga
    lettuces
    kale
    green onions
    lemon grass
    stevia
    basil
    sage
    thyme
    dill
    rosemary
    oregano
    peppermint
    spearmint
    chocolate mint
    watermelon radishes
    spaghetti squash
    a big assortment of heirloom tomatoes
    and about to plant yellow flesh and variegated watermelons and zucchini

WOW! You rock!!! I would KILL for an avocado tree :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted a garden, or as they say in Great Britain, an "allotment."
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We have tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, parsley, Basil, rosemary, cucumbers. And I planted a Meyer lemon tree this year, but we wont get fruit for a while.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    We grow Roma and cherry tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, spinach, onions, basil, parsley, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, and watermelon ...I love that I know exactly what I'm eating!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my apartment dosnt even have a window sill :c
    but my mouth is watering reading the thread.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    watermelons, red, green, banana and jalapeno peppers, basil, thyme, cilantro, chives, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, and peas.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, peas, strawberries, parsley and we have recently planted cauliflower and tomatoes.

We are still learning - last year we managed to kill carrots, leeks and basil.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We've got: lettuce, swiss chard, peas, beans, basil, broccoli, cauliflower, cocktail and cherry tomatoes, zucchini so far. I have everything but the beans and zucchini planted - hope to get those in today.

I help my FIL garden too - he's got winter squash, onions, garlic, blueberries, raspberries, corn and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

We are just getting past the point where it frosts at night (hopefully past it), so our gardening season is just getting going.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Corn, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, eggplant, strawberries and a variety of herbs - the mint has taken over! Currently on the search for some healthy raspberry bushes.