What are your favourites Motivation/Supporting quotes?

Options
My favourite is:

A “No” to food is a “Yes” to skinny.

And yours? I'm so curious to wait... :happy:

Replies

• 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Audrey Hepburn and she has some great quotes. My favorite is.... "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'. :smile:
  • spiritmachine
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

"I really regret that workout"
    --No one, ever
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever.

Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going.!!!
  • Inconceivable
    Options
    "If the wind will not serve, take to the oars." I like this because basically, if things aren't going your way... You need to take things into your own hands. :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    See my ticker, I remind myself of this whenever I feel like it's too much and I even consider giving up! xxx
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    "The secret of getting ahead is getting started". -Mark Twain

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never- in nothing, great or small, large or pretty- never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy" - Unknown
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "excuses are piss-poor reasons for being sorry"
    -my dad

"youre not doing PT until u regurgitate your breackfast"
    -drill sgt myers (DS i had in basic)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    From Edison…
    "If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves…."
    "If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward…."

From a former employer's company values statement:
    "Own the results"
    "Do your best today; do better tomorrow."

Oh, and also…
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." :happy:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength" - General Iroh

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others " - Marianne Williamson
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE YOU CAN AND YOU'RE HALF-WAY THERE!

~Theodore Roosevelt
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My scars are my trophies, my mistakes are my lessons, and my flaws are beautiful, even if I'm still working on seeing some beauty within myself.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~ Henry Ford

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin

"Just Decide"
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. " Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

I live by one-liners but this particular one has resonated with me since I have decided to get off my *kitten* and move and take care of myself. This statement helps me in more ways than one~

:drinker:
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    "Never be afraid to try something new - Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic."
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    Suck it up and one day you won't have to suck it in

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great

and

Do not reward yourself with food.... you are not a dog.

Oh and On my fridge i have a sign posted that says "You're bored, not hungry. Learn the difference."
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not that positive, but I really like 'Mediocrity is the only sin' - Martha Graham
    and
    'Make changes, not excuses!'
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    it's a good workout one........no one ever drowned in sweat
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When you believe it, you can achieve it!!!

Been mine for years, one I live by. :happy:
  • jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    I would have to say my motivation is that I am so tired of being the size I am and I know I am the only person that can change it. Now my support comes from my family and now this fitnesspal site.