I've lost my dog!

Options
ClareB13
ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
I decided to weigh my dog this morning and couldn't quite believe it when I realised he weighs 43 pounds which is exactly what I've lost since I started here on New Year's Day!! Really helps to put things into perspective!

Replies

• _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    What will amaze you even more, is to carry something equal to what you've lost and walk up a flight of stairs with it. When I carry in my groceries from the market, I, of course, try to carry as many bags as I can (strength training), and I have to walk up a flight of stairs - and I just think, "WOW." I mean, you litterally, have to take it one step at a time, and struggle to take each step. It is a "Wake up call" for sure.

Congratulations on your weightloss. That is fantastically awesome!:drinker:
  • ClareB13
    Options
    Thank you!
    Yes, I was going to try that later today and see how it feels carrying the dog up the stairs to my flat (if he'll let me without wriggling too much that is!)
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that is AWESOME!! ...and I am glad you lost you dog's amount of weight ane not your dog. Best of luck on your journey!
  • ClareB13
    Options
    Thanks Slrrese!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is both funny and awesome! Well done! Your dog looks like a cutie too!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That is pretty awesome! I can't wait until I lose the amount of weight my son weighs. Right now he is 56 lbs, so I have a long way to go...by then he might be more...lol. I did realize yesterday that I lost my age in pounds :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I decided to weigh my dog this morning and couldn't quite believe it when I realised he weighs 43 pounds which is exactly what I've lost since I started here on New Year's Day!! Really helps to put things into perspective!

I didn't realize it until now but I've almost lost my dog too! My female rottweiler weighs 88 lbs and I've lost 83! Thanks for the laugh. :happy:
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm so glad you lost the weight of your dog and not your actual dog. :-)
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm so glad you lost the weight of your dog and not your actual dog. :-)

Yeah Congrats!! I was thinking the same thing ^^^, OMG poor person lost their dog, maybe they live in my area and I could help, haha. My dog is enourmous, If I lost my dog in pounds I would weigh like 10 pounds haha.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great!
    What will amaze you even more, is to carry something equal to what you've lost and walk up a flight of stairs with it. When I carry in my groceries from the market, I, of course, try to carry as many bags as I can (strength training), and I have to walk up a flight of stairs - and I just think, "WOW." I mean, you litterally, have to take it one step at a time, and struggle to take each step. It is a "Wake up call" for sure.

Congratulations on your weightloss. That is fantastically awesome!:drinker:

I did this with a backpack the other week and I couldn't carry even a QUARTER of the weight I've lost. Makes me realise just how much pressure I was putting on my body before hand.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you meant you lost your dog's weight and not your actual dog.

That's pretty awesome!! When you can actually see how much you have lost (equal to your dog), it kinda puts things in perspective and motivates you to keep at it.

Congrats!!
  • ClareB13
    Options
    I did this with a backpack the other week and I couldn't carry even a QUARTER of the weight I've lost. Makes me realise just how much pressure I was putting on my body before hand.

Wow - that's amazing!! And yes, it's quite sobering really when you realise things like that
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If there's a good way to lose you dog, this is it! I'm so glad you still have that cute Murphy!
    Congratulations on all your hard work and continued weight loss. You must be feeling really good.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options

LOL! Great job!

I like the idea of relating weight-loss pounds to everyday objects (and pups!). That really helps put the weight in perspective.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! And YAY for your pooch! I'll bet the fuzzy furball LOVES the new more active YOU!!! I have two 10 pound Chihuahua's, Chich & Chawng! And I have almost lost them twice!!!

Congrats!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - well done.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing loss!! Hope the doggie stops gaining your loss!! LOL
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    What will amaze you even more, is to carry something equal to what you've lost and walk up a flight of stairs with it.

I tried this when I hit 80 lbs. Tried to carry up two 40 lb bags of cat litter. Needless to say I got about 4 steps and had to put one down at bottom of stairs and bring them up one by one. Even doing that I was winded. It is sad what the poor body has to go through.

I saw an article somewhere that I can't remember right now but it said something about overweight people weren't born with heavy duty joints and muscles. They have the same ones as everyone else and just put them through too much abuse from the extra weight. Explains my knees and hips after all these years.

Great loss. Congrats (and I'm glad doggie is not lost). :-)
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This has been the most awesomely inspiring thread I have read since I started in Dec, 2011-I know, it says I started last month.

Wonderful. I have lost my Dingo Dog too.Within a pound or two, or my almost 6 year old grandson. Wow.. I love the idea of strapping it on and trying to walk up stairs. Wow, that would make normal (?) weight ppl take pause when making remarks about those of us who are struggling with being overweight. Like they have the fake pregger's belly, to show the young males how much stress their girlfriend/wife body is handling and all the complaint's about the back aches are legit.

I'm so stoked about this.CONGRATULATION"S TO US ALL!:bigsmile:
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That just put a hilarious image in my head though, as my dog weighs 100+ and I can't even pick him up. I want to lose even more than that. Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!