Advocare Pros and Cons

Options
I have just ordered the 24 day Challenge and was wondering if anyone else has done it and what your thoughts are. I'm looking for the good, the bad and the ugly!!! Any feedback is appreciated!!

Replies

• wraith_mistress
    Options
    I just ordered mine too. I'm interested in see how it is working for you!

Let me know!

M.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BAHAHA I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT AVOCADOS!!!!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A lady at my boyfriends work approached him about Advocare. He came to talk to me about it and I told him if that he wanted to throw away his money on something that he could do with a reasonable diet that I would kick him.

I had him ask the lady 2 questions, neither of which she could answer. 1) What is exactly are the "toxins?" and 2) What happens on the 25th day?

Just something to think about... if the people are selling the product don't even know what it does, other than explaining by using all the buzz words do you really want to put it into your body?

Sorry if you find this rude, but do your research... real research from peer reviewed journals, not broscience.
  • honeybee3917
    honeybee3917 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I was younger my step mom used Advocare and lost a lot of weight. I have only heard great things about it. I have yet to try it. I have been thinking about it but the price has kept me away. If anything I at least want to try the spark drink because who doesn't need a little more energy in their lives =) Keep us updated on how it goes.
  • MelanieLeanne
    Options
    On average, people who do the 24 day challenge lose 12 pounds (but could lose way more), 8 inches, & 4% body fat. On the 25th day you go back to your regular diet to maintain what you have lost. Toxins come in just about anything we eat. You know all that junk food that has ingredients in it that you can't even pronounce? They're not good for you. Or even in fruits & veggies that have been grown with the use of pesticides. Also, some processed foods have heavy metals as ingredients because the FDA now has a percentage that they go by that they consider "safe". Since when has putting ANY heavy metals into your been considered body safe? They're are plenty of toxins in your body that you might not be aware of. That's where the AdvoCare cleanse comes in.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Since when has putting ANY heavy metals into your been considered body safe?

Do you mean like iron, magnesium and chromium?
    That's where the AdvoCare cleanse comes in.

Nope. That's where your own liver and kidneys come in. The human body can filter toxins better than any expensive program.
  • coonsdn
    Options
    I just started the 24 day challenge. The cleanse isnt very fun, but you have to get started somewhere. The suckyness stops after about the 3rd day. Im on my 4th day and Im in a good routine and I feel great. Im 20 years old on the track team at the university of Nebraska. So I'm working out DAILY. **I suggest to anyone who is considering this challenge, DO IT. It's easy to follow, not very demanding, and you notice how much more energy you have by the second day! The 24 day challenge guide book is great to have.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Lol cause Wednesday's advocare thread wasn't enough fun
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. Hahahahaaaa!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    sucralose in almost every product -
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh, my mistake I thought this was about avocado's. Reading too fast lately.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha meeeee tooo!!! :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    On average, people who do the 24 day challenge lose 12 pounds (but could lose way more), 8 inches, & 4% body fat. On the 25th day you go back to your regular diet to maintain what you have lost. Toxins come in just about anything we eat. You know all that junk food that has ingredients in it that you can't even pronounce? They're not good for you. Or even in fruits & veggies that have been grown with the use of pesticides. Also, some processed foods have heavy metals as ingredients because the FDA now has a percentage that they go by that they consider "safe". Since when has putting ANY heavy metals into your been considered body safe? They're are plenty of toxins in your body that you might not be aware of. That's where the AdvoCare cleanse comes in.

Sucralose.

By the way your body cleanse itself. Most of what you lose on that is water. You CANNOT drop 4% body fat in 24 days it is absolutely impossible.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Love this response!

The Challenge is marketed to be a jumpstart to weight loss, to help break through plateaus, and just when you need a good kick in the butt with some structure to get back on track. It isn't necessarily meant to be an end-all, be-all, rest of your life thing. You will pick up some amazing habits on the Challenge that may be hard to form otherwise. Some people need it written out for them and the Challenge does that. You don't automatically gain all the weight back once you quit the Challenge because you'll continue with the healthy eating habits you formed to maintain your weight loss and continue losing.

It is entirely possible to lose weight without spending the money on products like Advocare, Herbalife, etc., but being healthy is expensive in general, especially if you want to eat clean and organic. That's the problem with today's world, it is often cheaper to buy junk snacks than delicious fruits.

Be prepared for some nasty and snarky responses. Take everything with a grain of salt, read the responses and do your research accordingly.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I love Avocados, they go with everything!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Truth. Except maybe chocolate.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Oh I just read it again... sorry you wasted your money on this stuff :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I have just ordered the 24 day Challenge and was wondering if anyone else has done it and what your thoughts are. I'm looking for the good, the bad and the ugly!!! Any feedback is appreciated!!

Okay well I see you only "ordered" it thus far. Maybe you can still call and cancel that order before it's shipped or charged to your card. Most companies I buy from (like catalog like mary kay and jewelry and stuff) have 3 day change your mind policy. Check for that on your receipt, or website, or confirmation email. Hope this helps :flowerforyou: :smile: .
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Truth. Except maybe chocolate.

Yeah, but it's okay because they go super duper with bacon.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so in for Avacado. I put it with some cottage cheese= heaven.