Hello, I'd love to be friends, and I'd love support. :)

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Bri. I am a 19 going-on-20 year old college student about to complete my sophomore year.
And almost a year and a half-ago, I weighed 250 pounds, size 22.
I've been through a lot of emotional hardships growing up. For as long as I could remember, I always have been fat. I remember being teased in pre-school. I also heard rude remarks from my family members, including my own parents at times.....even though they were the ones feeding me terribly. But I digress.
I grew up depressed and suicidal, for a lot of factors, but my weight being one of them. I wasn''t the athletic type, like my smaller, beautiful sisters. I sucked at every sport I tried I preferred watching movies, journaling, and daydreaming. I liked hanging out with people too, but I was always so self-conscious at my appearance, and worried about what people thought of me. I always wanted to make people happy, to give them want they wanted. But nobody wanted to accept me .Nobody. I became more outgoing in high school, letting my true self out a little, but I still felt terribly because of my appearance.
When I graduated high school, I weighed 250 pounds. I decided that I was going to lose weight during college. It all started off fine...be basically changing my eating habits and going to the gym. I would basically just stretch and get on the elliptical for 1 our and 10 minutes. I lost about 55 pounds doing that.
Sadly, it turned into an obsession. I was angry at the way I was treated. I was angry at how hard everything was, and that I allowed myself to get this way. I hated being ugly. I hated feeling that I didn't look different, even after 55 pounds. I developed EDNOS, and though I eventually got help, some thought processes still come in my mind.
I started jogging, adding some strength training exercises, and still trying to eat healthy. I have, in total, lost about 85 pounds, and am now a size 11/12, so far. I have a lot of excess skin, particularly my stomach, which looks like a sagging butt :P And my arms/back. Those still won't seem to go away :(

I am going to try the intensity program this summer, when school ends. I would like to be a size 10 or 8 by the time summer ends. I just want to be happy with myself, especially when losing weight seems to get harder!

Well, that's me, and I hope we can be friends/support each other!

Replies

• dawnlinski
    dawnlinski Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi ZebraBri, I'm the same as you in the size department and came to MFP for the support too x
  • aolenick
    aolenick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends! Add me. Support helps! Good luck on your journey
  • podmya
    podmya Posts: 1
    Options
    hi everyone just found out about this app yesterday my friend has lost 30 pounds doing it,im struggling to loose weight ive got an underactive thyroid and what ever I do I cant loose weight,so now im doing mfp xxx
  • safiaq
    safiaq Posts: 21
    Options
    Best of luck! please accept me :happy:
  • ZebraBri
    ZebraBri Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! And yes, of course I'll add you all!