walking a 1/2 marathon

Options
nevr2L8
nevr2L8 Posts: 15 Member
I'm training to walk a 1/2 marathon in November. I've done it before and I'm looking to increase my speed. I'd like to get down to a 15-minute pace from an original 15:40 mile pace. Anybody interested in being my virtual walking buddy? We can keep each other motivated even if we can't walk together.

Replies

• ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to there yet but I am walking 5K's right now. I wanted to do a half but didn't think you could walk it. I will be happy to "train" with you. right now I am at a 20 min mile and trying to get it down from there. Add me if you want a buddy. I will encourage you if nothing else. I am a great cheerleader!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I walked my first 5K last month - had a 15:41 pace. I'd like to build up to be able to walk a half marathon within the next 6-8 months. Where's your November half at?
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I just walked a 5KM it took me 50 mins to walk .... so from my usual haunt I would have to walk the lock 10 times to complete a half marathon ...............

Im in :)

Ill be slow haha but do it none the less, at the very least it will make everyone elses time look good :P
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Ohhh it sound like a great goal.

Good luck