Progress PICS and Why I'm already happy

Options
palmerig88
palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
I made a little collage of 3 old pics and 3 new ones (all taken this month)

The pic of me in the red dress is circa 2008, I was around 198 pounds and my friend had recently advised me to just go ahead and accept the fact that I needed to start wearing plus sized clothing. That it was just part of life. I can honestly say this is the worst picture of me ever taken. It was for a work event and I really really hate it.

The next pic of me in the apron I am probably around the same weight. I keep guessing 198 pounds because that is the most I ever weighed at the doctor and I actually went years without weighing so I don't really know.

3rd pic is last year at Kauffman, I probably weighed around 180, possibly as low as 178.

Anyway, I weighed 133 in 2004 when I married my husband. I wore a size 6. I barely ate and when I did, it was chocolate and really bad food. I gained quickly, hovering in 8s and 10s for a few years, then ballooned. The biggest size I have ever bought was a 16w. I did follow that friends advice and dropped $40 on a pair of pants at lane bryant but I didn't understand what was going on and I bought them way too big. They stretch out awhile after you start wearing them. I actually became very despondent after I bought them and stopped drinking soda. I was willing to make one change. I lost around 25 pounds and kept it off pretty well but then ballooned to 190 again. I got a new job and got down to 178. Then I got another new job (my current) and ate in the food court or fast food 5 days per week for my break. Hello 190 again.

January 29th, 2012 I said THIS IS IT. I joined a gym in late February after a month of proving to myself that I wasn't going to starve to death and turn into a raging ***** if I restricted my food.

I am now 157 pounds and can honestly zip up a 7 juniors, I am in a size 8 pants but they are a little loose. I know I am going to reach my clothing size goal way before my initial weight loss goal of 55 pounds, or to weigh 135. I don't know how much more weight I will lose, if I lose it all and I am a size 4 or something, great. If not, I have already accomplished so much and I am working on sculpting my body and still noticing changes every single week.

Thank you so much for being part of this community and reading what I had to say. I hope I can inspire someone. I sure am proud of what I am working on :)

7282227914_83a36e9755.jpg
lunapic_133815273412771_11 by palmerig88, on Flickr

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job you look great :happy:
  • mkahmad
    mkahmad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow... you look great! keep up the good work!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    you look fab! Well done :happy:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Terrific Job!!! Can't wait till I'm comfortable in my own skin....
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    fantastic and so you should be happy congrats to you, good to hear from someone enjoying the journey and not just being het up with the numbers (as I am a bit) lol!!!! respect
  • palmerig88
    Options
    here's better view of 2 of the pics

7282359892_d57c0dd0cf.jpg
    PrincessBall (125x366) by palmerig88, on Flickr

7282360868_aace48f16f.jpg
    MeTyler by palmerig88, on Flickr

And thank you so much everyone
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Tremendous difference. You even look younger in the last one too.
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    Jen you look awesome!!!! Your attitude and physical transformation is inspiring. Keep up the great work and a baby will soon follow I'm sure ;)...the hotter you get the harder to keep hands off ya hopefully :blushing:
  • LyndsieLovejoyyy
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kinjalp
    kinjalp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Congrats =)
  • Jo_permiegirl
    Jo_permiegirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing, very inspirational:smile:
    0093 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with gpstucker, you look years younger. Very healthy! Enjoy the ride!!!!
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Wow! You make 157 look hot! How tall are you? I am in the same boat as you at 156 lbs having lost about 33 pounds since February. Congratulations and you look amazing!
  • the1end
    the1end Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You should be happy! You look beautiful.
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job!! So proud of you!!
  • palmerig88
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm 5'6" and thanks Carrie I hope so! Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!