new person

Options
I am new on here... my name is Sarah.... My sister and I are trying this together.. I am in need to some people to please keep me on track

Replies

• tiffani82
    tiffani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Greetings baby sister! We shall do it together! :flowerforyou:
  • fairyblackmemphis
    Options
    yes we will... even tho we are states apart... we will do it together!!!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Congrats on joining MFP! :flowerforyou:

Some tips - don't get caught up on the scale. Use it to help monitor your progress, but also take measurements. There maybe times your exercising and there is no change in scale but your slimming down.

Set realistic goals. Your hear for a lifestyle change - not just weight loss. That's what the focus has to be.

Use the people here as a resouce. Everyone here can help someone with something they have learned. We are all willing to share information to help us achieve our goals.

If changing your eating habits, don't do it all at once otherwise you'll fail. Pick a difficult item (me chips) and focus on not having any for a month. Once you've succeeded (and you will), pick something else.

Start your exercise program slowly. Build up.

If you have a bad week, don't worry about it. Just get back on the wagon and go for it!

Good luck.

:wink: :happy: :smile: :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I recommend checking out some of the boards that have challenges associated with them. I've found having to check in with others on a regular basis, who have similar goals is most helpful and keeps me accountable. I am doing the 30 Shred challenge and the Three Part Challenge. We'd love to have you join!

Good luck and remember there is a TON of support on this site!
    Heather
  • fairyblackmemphis
    Options
    thank you everyone that has replied so far... i will try new things for my weight loss....
    again thank you
    ~Sarah~