Brand New ME

Options
That's my goal. I'm tired of the same old excuses and the same old lines.
I wanted something new. I have a fitbit and saw this could link up and instead of doing an online membership and calculating every morsel I eat.. this looks more doable.
I'm a mom to a 10 yo, wife of 27 years, almost 50 morbidly obese woman ready to take care of business.
My favorite line to my daughter is Take Care of Business, then play... Well it's high time I listened to those wise words.
I don't want to take "stuff". I don't want weight loss surgery. I don't want to eat X. I know what to do, I just need to do it.
DISCLAIMER: If you do have a diet supplement, had weight loss surgery or eat X... bully for you. Just not what I want or need. Not being a snob...just being me. :flowerforyou:
I'm fixing to move in a month, the time being I'm living in a 35' motorhome with said child, husband and 3, count em, 3 dogs. One of which is a puppy. AAAAHHHH!
I'm a paraprofessional at a school working mainly wth Kindergartners trying to teach them to read. I honestly love what I do...
I struggle daily with staying within my means. I love to eat. I love the taste, texture, the act, the whole shebang. I don't drink nor do drugs. I love food and coffee... and aforementioned family. :love: I've come to realize my love for food is killing me. I've known for sometime, I just didn't admit it outloud. Those kindergarten chairs are miserable to get out of, but the other day... I couldn't stand up out of the motorhomes rocker. Yep, that was my low point.
There you have it.. The good the bad the ugly of Not So Thin Lizzie. As my girl says... "Wanna be friends?":wink:

Replies

• mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're gonna love it here! Add me if you'd like to!
  • ptgardner
    ptgardner Posts: 6
    Options
    hi notsothinlizz,
    Looks like we are all in the same boat,although some people are in a sail boat, others in a motor...myself..I am in a life boat, I know we have to do this thing one day at a time, it didn't take us a day to put the weight on...and it won't take a day or so to take it off.
    We all have our goals to achieve,whether it is for appearance or mainly health...or both, all I know is that this web site is one of the best,you can keep track of what you eat, and have the support you need. All you have to do is keep in touch.
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. You will love it here. Add me if you like!