170 pounds to lose

Options
Hello everybody. I joined because i need support and motivation. I have just recently joined a gym and was going 5 times a week and a couple times with a personal trainer. But after one of the sessions the muscles at the top of my legs were so bad i couldnt walk normal for 4 days. And then all last week i didnt go! I feel like i dont have any motivation but i decided to pay to join a club, and i really want to take advatage of it and lose weight. I need help!

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ill send you a friend request , i am on here everyday and have learned a lot. if you are doing cardio at the gym, maybe try a elliptical machine, it is very easy on your legs and knees compared to a treadmill. best of luck if you need any advice or questions feal free to ask
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's okay! After doing it for a bit you wont have that extreme soreness issue. The best thing you can do is get a foam roller and give yourself a mini massage. :)

Just think about getting to the gym- once you're there it wont be an issue to do stuff. Plus you already got a trainer! It's not like we ever really regret getting up and going. So just get back in the habit and don't let yourself slack off. You can do this!
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I started with a trainer about three weeks ago and the first couple of sessions are hard, the muscles are sore and you want to cry every time you have to sit down or get up.... I feel your pain I've been there... recently...

but i promise you it gets better. you will get stronger and you will feel amazing on the inside as the outsides are slowly changing.

I have about 150 pounds to lose as well so if you want to add me as a friend please do..

We can lose the weight together!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose, We can motivate each other, add me if you would like.
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I have a lot to lose also. I haven't joined a gym (yet). I hope to find one soon. Add me and we can support each other!!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I had 170lbs to lose and now only have 66 more to go. I never joined a gym just stuck to my diet and started walking. If you want to add me
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I have about 150 to loose and am about to hit the 50 lb. loss mark. Never thought I could do it. Now I can't imagine not meeting my goal. This website is the best help I have ever had. Slow and steady is the magic.
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you as a friend! I am good about nudging people when they haven't logged in as well as cheering them on when they do! :) And I'm aiming for 100lbs lost, so I'm with you on this journey! ;)