Calling all people doing insanity :)

Options
darls25
darls25 Posts: 151 Member
Hi Guys!!

So I am staring insanity for the first time and going to start it on June 1. Anyone just starting? Or anyone already survived the insanity?

We could be supporters to each other during the 60 days :) Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Ewalamb
    Ewalamb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend this insane workout! I did it for three days and on the 4th day I got VERTIGO! Too much jumping up and down. If you are active and can handle this kind of extreme jumping then by all means go for it! This workout put me out of commission for 2.5 months! Now I do the treadmill at a fast pace. No jumping for me!!! I wish you all the luck with this insane workout...it looked like fun to me too...that's why I tried it. Good luck! :)
  • hummerseeker
    hummerseeker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week. The first day after the fit test was the hardest for me, but I already have attained a certain level of fitness to where I was really not sore the next day. It was the same for me each day. I have coworkers who have been doing it for 5 and 6 weeks already who come in barely able to move some days. Since I just started I may not have experienced it yet, but I already feel stronger than when I started. I am mainly using it to amp up my workout schedule and fill in some gaps in my endurance and fitness. I don't know that I will follow it to a T, because I am also working on my running and will substitute running for one of the days. Go for it, and I think you will be amazed at how much it does for you!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have it, I am starting it June 13ish. leaving for vacation on Thurs. Will be gone a full week. So i figure bst to start it on the monday after I get back.. Will you add me so I can check your progress? LOL I may need a motivator thats a week or so ahead of me. good luck
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like.

I am on week three of insanity. I have enjoyed the program thus far and have every intention of completing the 50 day challenge - even if I do not see the extreme results I am hoping for in my weight loss journey. I think it is important for anyone doing this program to remember that insanity is NOT a program that is going to help someone lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. This may have been the case for a few people, but everyone's body is different. The important thing to remember is that it is a program that you can use to go at your own pace and still dig deep and get a great work out. =)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I just started! Tomorrow is my 3rd day. Feel free to add me.

My calves are so sore from the Plyo cardio circuit! It's insane how much they hurt. It was soo hard but I really feel accomplished so...I'm hoping I can stick with it!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity and still do it as cardio some days.... Love it!!!! You will feel like a beast after completing a workout! Yes, it is challenging but, don't give up, it gets better! Good luck!!
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did it, but I had to restart. I pushed myself way too hard during week one, and a situation happened where I couldn't walk for a couple of days because everything hurt. It wasn't just a bit of friendly soreness. I was hurting. The second time around, I followed my pace instead of their pace, and I got through it with some pretty good results. I'm about to start my second time through it tomorrow.

Keep track of that little score card on the fitness test. You'll be surprised at how much it improves your endurance and strength. I can actually do push-ups now. Haha.
  • Tyeckia
    Tyeckia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started May 21 because I wanted to be finished by my birthday. I must agree, it is hard, but totally worth it. I have been exercising for a while and wanted to try something different. I was tender on day 2 and 3, but since then, I'm fine. After I finish working out, I do feel my thigh muscles and obliques. I can't wait until the end to see how far I've come!!
  • hhamada
    hhamada Posts: 27
    Options
    I have also completed Insanity. It was very hard but I'm glad I did it. Just do what you can and take breaks when you need to.
  • ZebraBri
    ZebraBri Posts: 60
    Options
    Doing it this summer, when I get back from school!

For those that have done it....please share the experiences you've had, please!
  • fatbutgettingthinner
    fatbutgettingthinner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've just finished month 1 and had some good results (pics in blog). About top start month two....!
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Giggles, you and I are on the same day! I am going to add you. It will be fun to "graduate" with someone. :drinker:
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Giggles, you and I are on the same day! I am going to add you. It will be fun to "graduate" with someone. :drinker:

Whoo!! :D I just got done with day 3. :drinker: It'll be awesome to graduate with you!!!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Insanity! Yes, if you're a total beginner or not used to plyometrics, jumping, or the go-go-go type workouts, you're probably not going to like it as much, but if you want to work HARD and have a blast doing it, you'll love it! :)

I actually am just about to finish up my 60 days (a little longer, because I missed a few and I'm making them up this week) but I blogged about my entire journey. http://melissagoodrichfitness.wordpress.com <--That's my blog if you want to read it :)

My cardio endurance has increased SO MUCH, and I was already a cardio junkie to start. :) It has also whipped my butt into shape for my upcoming P90X challenge. I'm now not "afraid" of Plyometrics :)
  • jaysfan77
    jaysfan77 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just finished month 1 of insanity and now am on the recovery week. In the first month I have lost 12 pounds. I didn't weigh too much to begin with. I went from 148 to 136. I am an 18 year old guy, I just wanted to start to see some abs, and my body more toned. and I already see it. I can't wait for month 2 when it will push me even harder. I have changed my eating habits a lot, and it helped instantly. My measurements have dropped as well.

The exercises go by pretty quickly once you get into it. I feel like i am in my best shape ever! :D

continue to work hard everyone! It really will pay off :D
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    I did a couple weeks earlier this year but never got back on track. I'm restarting today so friend me so we can keep each other on track!
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Well, kinda really last week. I did the fit test last week and did day two today. It was pretty hard and I couldn't do them all but it was different in a good way. Certainly not boring. And I really liked how you are encouraged to go at your own pass and take breaks when you need to. I also started following the meal plan last week and dropped 2 pounds in 4 days. This was great since I have been stalled most of the month. The meal plan is pretty simple. It fit right into my routine. I recommend following it!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Insanity! Yes, if you're a total beginner or not used to plyometrics, jumping, or the go-go-go type workouts, you're probably not going to like it as much, but if you want to work HARD and have a blast doing it, you'll love it! :)

I actually am just about to finish up my 60 days (a little longer, because I missed a few and I'm making them up this week) but I blogged about my entire journey. http://melissagoodrichfitness.wordpress.com <--That's my blog if you want to read it :)

My cardio endurance has increased SO MUCH, and I was already a cardio junkie to start. :) It has also whipped my butt into shape for my upcoming P90X challenge. I'm now not "afraid" of Plyometrics :)

Totally agree Love the crap out of insanity!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3 and can't wait to get home to workout!!!

I am actually "heading up" an Insanity Challenge to keep myself and our fellow Insanity pals motivated--we have 16 members right now, who are in weeks one to four. The program is super hard and the extra motivation (besides Shaun T's :-) is extra helpful... you should join us:-)

Here's the link... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6060-insanity-dig-deep-challenge

Come over and check us out; we'd love to have you...