sugar?

Options
how much do you let sugar affect you? i am always above in sugar. around 60-70g a day. it mainly comes from fruit, bread, yogurt, and milk. I have the occasional cookie/chocolate every secondish day to keep those cravings at bay. How does being over affect my weight loss? i would be more worried if it was from junk but i hate seeing those red numbers, from seemingly healthy food.

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question when starting MFP. A lot of people said that if the sugar comes from fruit, etc. that it's ok to go over the allowed grams. :)
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thankyou :) probably should have used the search bar.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Don't be concerned about going over a nonsensical/arbitrary limit that MFP assigns you. If the redness is alarming, just go to settings and customize the goal. Sugar won't stop you from losing weight.
  • xInvisibleMex
    Options
    Natural sugars are ok but like anything else- moderation and balance. Everyone's body is different so you have to find what's going to work for you. Maybe your body is ok with taking in so much sugar while mine needs to be kept in check. It's like people who drink diet vs regular soda. Chugging down a lot of diet doesn't make it better for you just because it's diet.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Calories in/calories out. If your calories are in check, sugar doesn't matter, barring a major medical issue like diabetes.