do i need extra protein?

Options
So i just ordered a couple of the Jillean Michaels dvds, the Beginners; front and back, and her 30 day shred. im just wondering if i need to be eating more protein? i dont really go out of my way to eat protein. i mean i get some in my milk (with a carnation breakfast drink mix sometimes), sometimes i'll snack on some almonds, we do eat chicken quite frequently but not all the time. im NOT an egg person. what would you suggest? what are your fav protein powders? how do you add them to YOUR diet? how much would you recommend?

Replies

• pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fish have great amounts of protein
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eggs(Sorry you don't like these.)
    Meats of all kinds (Fish, Chicken, Beef, may someday add Turkey, some pork)
    Greek Yogurt+Protein Powder
    Nuts but I eat those more for fat than protein
    Nut Butter

My intake is generally boring overall... Heh
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    black beans and other legumes, too... if you're not a meat-eater.
  • hhamada
    hhamada Posts: 27
    Options
    Tofu and tempeh are good sources of protein
    Jay Robb protein powders (chocolate, vanilla, pina colada) - these taste great and have stevia instead of artificial sweeteners
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I agree beans are awesome.

I do herbalife protien shakes. I do them in the morning and that's about it. Sometimes if I want something sweet later I will make one for a dessert drink.
    They don't have massive amounts of protein though...

Tonight I had a pot roast and one serving had 50 grams of protein.

I love deviled eggs but don't like eggs in other fashion, really.. so I've started making boiled eggs. First I boil the water then add the eggs and then I boil for 20 minutes, drown them in cool water until the eggs aren't hot. They have the best creamy yolks!!! No gray or anything. Then I cut them in half and I squirt on some mustard and sprinkle a little garlic. Its so not like eating an egg!! Its kind of like a deviled egg but hardly any additional calories than just having the boiled egg itself.
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree beans are awesome.

I do herbalife protien shakes. I do them in the morning and that's about it. Sometimes if I want something sweet later I will make one for a dessert drink.
    They don't have massive amounts of protein though...

Tonight I had a pot roast and one serving had 50 grams of protein.

I love deviled eggs but don't like eggs in other fashion, really.. so I've started making boiled eggs. First I boil the water then add the eggs and then I boil for 20 minutes, drown them in cool water until the eggs aren't hot. They have the best creamy yolks!!! No gray or anything. Then I cut them in half and I squirt on some mustard and sprinkle a little garlic. Its so not like eating an egg!! Its kind of like a deviled egg but hardly any additional calories than just having the boiled egg itself.

Hey there! I'm an Herbalifer, too!! Friend request me, if you're interested. Would love more friends who are the same plan as I am! Thanks!1