Is it just me?

Options
Or does anyone else get frustrated with peoples posts about not losing weight or gaining it, and you look at their diaries and you see chips, soda, muffins etc? I feel like if you are serious about getting healthy you should be willing to make that change! Even if you need the same amount of calories...why not choose healthy calories?! or am i just an a**hole?!

Im working my BUTT off in my diet.....and i don't understand these "diets"

Replies

• abcdefgabcdefg
    Options
    you are doing great! 8 lbs in 2 months - excellent! who cares what others eat, you focus on you and kudos to the weight you've lost! don't think of what you are eating as a diet, think of it as a new way of eating and yes, you can eat cake, candy, etc. just watch the carbs! remember not to drink your carbs away - so focus on water and sugar free everything! i learned to eat healthy at a late stage in my life and i only wished i knew what i know now. i find i don't need the sweets, etc. if i eat balanced meals and sleep my 6 to 8 hours. very important!!! make sure you eat protein and carbs in every meal and always have your greens first - that's your main meal and what next is basically your side dish. really! i've babble enough! good luck!!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Im saying that I hate seeing people complain about their weight gains and no losses....then you see they are eating like garbage. How can you complain when you don't SEEM to be trying. I dont know their lives, but in my eyes...if you want it....you will DO it
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You can eat chips/soda/muffins and still lose weight.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Part of losing weight and living a more healthy lifestyle is learning how. Perhaps those folks just don't know. How can they learn if everyone just says "I'm sick of these people" and refuse to help educate them?

Just something to think about.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I haven't had a muffin in a while. I think I shall make some. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Lady_Bane
    Options
    Part of losing weight and living a more healthy lifestyle is learning how. Perhaps those folks just don't know. How can they learn if everyone just says "I'm sick of these people" and refuse to help educate them?

I will always reply with positive suggestions: a lower calorie bread, veggies and fruits etc...but a few days later they come with the same topics, but no diet change....yes muffins and such are okay, but not 3000 calories of nonsense. Why come here for help if you take none of the help you are given? Im not mad...I just get questions at the gym and from my friends all the time...and I get frustrated with the excuses. i know its wrong of me, and Im sorry.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Who cares? 1200 calories of crap will make you lose weight the same as 1200 calories of carrots. The only difference is your general health and wellbeing.

Damn you are judgey. "Low calorie" is not better. Have you looked at the ingredients in some of those "health" foods?

If your friends are eating 3000 calories of ANYTHING then there is the problem right there, a different brand of bread is NOT going to help.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Maybe it won't bother syou if you don't creep people's food diaries.... Then judge them for what they eat...
  • Lady_Bane
    Options
    Who cares? 1200 calories of crap will make you lose weight the same as 1200 calories of carrots. The only difference is your general health and wellbeing.

Damn you are judgey. "Low calorie" is not better. Have you looked at the ingredients in some of those "health" foods?

If your friends are eating 3000 calories of ANYTHING then there is the problem right there, a different brand of bread is NOT going to help.

You are judging me by thinking that all i do is offer "low cal" advice....and you know what, this topic is dumb bc I wanted to know why people who dont TRY ask why its not working. But **** me. Sorry. Wish I could delete it...bc you are all reading WAY too far into who I am...I spend my whole day wanting to help people...THE PEOPLE WHO HELP THE FRUSTRATED PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO GET FRUSTRATED TOO. **** me right
  • Lady_Bane
    Options
    Maybe it won't bother syou if you don't creep people's food diaries.... Then judge them for what they eat...

I dont CREEP...they ASK. WTH. /facepalm. i am over this. Forget it.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

You are judging me by thinking that all i do is offer "low cal" advice....and you know what, this topic is dumb bc I wanted to know why people who dont TRY ask why its not working. But **** me. Sorry. Wish I could delete it...bc you are all reading WAY too far into who I am...I spend my whole day wanting to help people...THE PEOPLE WHO HELP THE FRUSTRATED PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO GET FRUSTRATED TOO. **** me right

People are replying to what you are saying.
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. People should take a deep breath and read a post properly before reacting.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options

I will always reply with positive suggestions: a lower calorie bread, veggies and fruits etc...but a few days later they come with the same topics, but no diet change....yes muffins and such are okay, but not 3000 calories of nonsense. Why come here for help if you take none of the help you are given? Im not mad...I just get questions at the gym and from my friends all the time...and I get frustrated with the excuses. i know its wrong of me, and Im sorry.

I understand what you are saying, and I can understand how frustrating it can be to try to help someone who doesn't seem to "get it". But someone who is totally clueless can take a while to learn. Some folks just need to read/hear it enough times that it sinks in. Some folks will never get it. That's just people.

We do what we can and move on. It's all we can do. Right?
  • Lady_Bane
    Options
    Very True.