Those that do low carb...

Options
I'm looking into starting a low carb/South Beach diet to eliminate my cravings for processed sugar, etc. & learn how to slowly re-introduce them to where I can control myself around them again. I would like to still use MFP to track everything. Was wondering what ratios I need to set my macro goals to? & if I still need to worry about a calorie number, or just focus on a carb number?
Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• lisaface82
    lisaface82 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm no expert but I have been doing low carb as well as counting calories, I didn't change any settings. In 3 weeks I lost 10 pds. Seems to be working for me to use both. Hope that helps.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into starting a low carb/South Beach diet to eliminate my cravings for processed sugar, etc. & learn how to slowly re-introduce them to where I can control myself around them again. I would like to still use MFP to track everything. Was wondering what ratios I need to set my macro goals to? & if I still need to worry about a calorie number, or just focus on a carb number?
    Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

After phase one, South Beach isn't low carb. Even on phase one you are encouraged to eat beans which are high in good carbs. I follow SB and eat about 100-120 g. of carbs--from whole grains, veggies, low fat dairy and a little fruit.
  • Southpaw3612
    Options
    I try to keep under 100 grams of carbs which I dont think is too low. If I can get it lower, its even better. They have calculators online such as http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm to help you figure out your numbers which you can input into MFP. Hope it helps
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im a low carber
    ive set my carbs to 10%... recently upped mine to around 40 g....i try to keep my sugar below 10g a day.. it was really tough the first week but after the second week, i felt a lot better. been losing weight and inches.
  • misspersimmon
    Options
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!