Major food issues

Options
2»

Replies

• stingraycat
    stingraycat Posts: 33
    Options
    try finding other ways to soothe yourself. plan meals ahead of time and make sure you're getting enough calories every day. the hungrier you are, the harder it is to resist eating a bunch of ****.
  • THEsnails
    THEsnails Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    try finding other ways to soothe yourself. plan meals ahead of time and make sure you're getting enough calories every day. the hungrier you are, the harder it is to resist eating a bunch of ****.

Yes definitely, good point.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Something else that might help is eating foods that are high in protein, such as nuts. Proteins will make you feel fuller. When I'm really hungry, I often go for peanut butter, as even a little bit makes me feel full.

Also, you might want to try chewing more. Chewing sends signals to your brain that you're getting full, so the more you chew, the fuller you will feel.
  • THEsnails
    THEsnails Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Something else that might help is eating foods that are high in protein, such as nuts. Proteins will make you feel fuller. When I'm really hungry, I often go for peanut butter, as even a little bit makes me feel full.

Also, you might want to try chewing more. Chewing sends signals to your brain that you're getting full, so the more you chew, the fuller you will feel.

Ah I love peanut butter. I eat it right out of the jar. But I have a hard time paying attention to my hunger signals, so when I go to eat peanut butter or something, I will end up eating half the jar instead of just a few tablespoons. Not because I'm hungry, but just because it is delicious.......haha. And I love your chewing idea. I'm thinking of getting some of those tea tree toothpicks to chew on when I feel like eating a lot.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Ah I love peanut butter. I eat it right out of the jar. But I have a hard time paying attention to my hunger signals, so when I go to eat peanut butter or something, I will end up eating half the jar instead of just a few tablespoons. Not because I'm hungry, but just because it is delicious.......haha. And I love your chewing idea. I'm thinking of getting some of those tea tree toothpicks to chew on when I feel like eating a lot.

You might want to give yoga a try. It's great for developing body awareness, which can help you feel when you are full and when you are hungry.