Never could have done this a year ago.... Extreme Lucy

Options
lucycaz
lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
Hi All I am back from my amazing holiday in the Lake District – Mini diary
Day 1 arrived at the cottage which was beautiful and in the middle of nowhere, the weather was26'c and we went for a 5 mile walk around the lanes and footpaths tomorrow we are off to ride shire horses I am going to get up early in the morning and have a run - life is great......

Day 2 – Run in the morning (5k in 34mins – very up and down hill) then did my egoscue stretches in the field in the glorious sunshine, horse riding was amazing, horses were huge but what do you expect from shire and Clydesdales then lovely fish and chips on the coast. Tomorrow I have signed up for canyoning and have just found out it involves jumping, sliding and generally throwing myself off waterfalls...... Umm section me now.......

Day 3 - Run in the morning (5k in 32mins – still very up and down hill) canyoning was amazing jumping off waterfalls into plunge pools and diving off rocks from the top to bottom of the mountain- tonight we walked 2.5 miles across fields to the pub for dinner then 2.5 miles back in the dark - tomorrow is walking to the stone circle and celtic fort then kayaking on the lake for the afternoon :-)

Day 4 – No run this morning as nursing my bashes and bruises from yesterday but want to do it again – lol did my egoscue stretches in the field watched by sheep..... Walked round Derwent waters for 3 hours then spent 4 hours on the lake kayaking. Stone circle was amazing the feeling of power and history always takes my breath away...

Day 5 – Long drive home but am happy and have some colour on my normally pale skin.... when I look at this break it is so far away from what I would have been doing or been able to do this time last year.... Life is amazing bring on the adventure......

One of my friends has renamed me Extreme Lucy

Replies

• PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    A fabulous break by the sounds of it. Very jealous of the kayaking, been years since I was in a canoe.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That sounds fabulous - I'm so glad you had the stamina to enjoy all that extreme activity!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! we're off to keswick for a holiday next week - cant wait!!
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Good for you, your have lost an amazing amount of weight, glad you had a nice holiday.